iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A few fond memories

Started by Part_Timer, April 27, 2008, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

I've only had my mill for about 6 years now but it has been a part of some very good times.  I have worked for a sawmill company on the upside down part of the world and have traveled half way around the planet just to set one up and do training. Many enjoyable hours have been spent with my family and I've made more new friends than I can count. 

Please post some of your pics either sawmill related or not that make you smile.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

jrokusek

Here's a shot of my little sawmill helper the day I tested my homemade sawmill.  He doesn't look real impressed here, but had lots of fun playing in the fresh sawdust!

Here's one from today:

logwalker

Be very careful of that little guy and his loose clothing around any kind of running equipment. His curiosity could get him in trouble very quickly. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Ironwood

Logwalker,
Thinking the same thing w/ those jacket cuffs. I am sure Daddy keeps and eye out. We have a saying here, My 6 yer old has a book, Burt Dow, about a mariner who keeps his "weather eye" out for building storms. I have mofied the meaning to keep a "weather eye out" for danger around the place, stacked log piles, tall stacks of lumber, never put yourself between to objects, like the forklift (running or not) and say a moveable object (stack of lumber). He gets it REAL well, and he remembers because of the association to his book.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Part_Timer

I've heard of looking at the bark on a tree to see what type it is but I've never heard of taste testing it before. :)

Great pics guys, Ironwood is that one of Peru?
Peterson 8" ATS.

Ironwood

Parttimer, yes, 5 people, 10' x 10' house, cook w/ lhama dung, at 17,000 ft., nothing like the comforts of HOME! oxygen anyone?

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

jrokusek

Quote from: logwalker on April 28, 2008, 11:19:53 AM
Be very careful of that little guy and his loose clothing around any kind of running equipment. His curiosity could get him in trouble very quickly. Joe

It wasn't running, he's only 4.  A few more years and he will actually be able to help!

LeeB

I haven't wanted to say anything but I just can't help it. Please put the gaurds back on ar make some for it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Part_Timer

EEK 17,000 feet.  I've been at 10,000 before and had a hard time of breathing.  I can't imagine.

Having kids around is great fun.  In a few years you will be suprised how much help they really are.  Enjoy the time it slips by fast.
Peterson 8" ATS.

Ironwood

That was the pass, the peaks are just a bit higher. ;D I was very  a little sick, I normally do pretty well at altitude, not that trip.

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!