iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

Ya but if you want a new firewood processor from the big 2 here you got abit of a wait.  Like 6 months to a year. .  There is lots a money floating around from banks but when the crop hits the fan and it's really going to hit the fan hard and interest rates will be going up fast and hard . Just watch all what will go on. They are telling us houses are to fall 40 to 50% in value here fairly soon. . I have lived thru a couple of these changes before so let's just sit back and watch . If inflation goes up even a couple points that will kill most markets

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: mike_belben on April 07, 2021, 09:19:31 AM
joe i forgot you bought a buncher and at a glance was like well thats a tree gone backward.. Then saw the circle marks.   ;D

How do ya like your new steed?
I like it. I think lol Seems everything I ad makes me $10 but cost $9. And it's been sitting for 7 years so I knew. It's been useing coolant which I know the pump shaft leaks when hot and under extra pressure. So it needs a water pump. Deer wants $1,000. Really! I found I seal kit for $350. I don't think I'll ever get used to equipment vs cheap chainsaws and keeping 99% of what I make. It's really handy though. And I don't work near as hard. Clump maple pulp and building landings It's a huge helper. 

barbender

Dang clump maple and birch, if I'm going to bend a harvester bar it's in that stuff!
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

Im with Ed. 

And i have changed my strategy on maple clumps.  I no longer cut them down.  Having switched to a girdle by 5/16  tap and tube approach. 

;D 
Praise The Lord

Firewoodjoe

barbender

Just a very large and aggressive brush saw like Swampdonkey runs, really😁
Too many irons in the fire

Maine logger88

I would have a hard time going away from a hotsaw although I do sometimes miss the low overhead of a chainsaw and cable skidder the hotsaw sure is safer and faster. 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Firewoodjoe

It's is fast and yes safer. Even the the big hard to get to trees I've been doing a face cut and bore cut on a few then get back in the buncher and nip the holding wood and I can then use the buncher to push it into the lay. Works well. But at prolly 5 gallons and hr and the higher priced parts it's just hard to wrap my little cheap brain around it yet! 😂 

Skeans1

When wedges just don't cut it and when you can't get anything else down into that hole for that leaner.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Maine logger88 on April 07, 2021, 07:01:34 PM
I would have a hard time going away from a hotsaw although I do sometimes miss the low overhead of a chainsaw and cable skidder the hotsaw sure is safer and faster.
Salesman from Propac is trying to sell me a head BAD 😆 theres a 630B with a 22' quadco I see sitting for sale, after this next round I see a hotsaw being the next thing. Honestly I lay ALOT of wood down cheap with with my barsaw but im rarely in tiny stems. 

BargeMonkey

Quickest way to become an organ donor is to get in this dead pine with a chainsaw. Grab stuff and hear the limbs bouncing off. 

everybody's a hero till your staring at your track pads pushing 28" pine back up the hill... 🤷‍♂️😆 

Its time to make a moon crater.... i wont live long enough to see the end of this quarry. 

Maintenance, do it or 🤷‍♂️ I still think the G-series was the best dozers deere made. 

that thing is a pushing fool. 

Neighbor's are going to LOVE ME... 😆 1100 in lights going on 2 skidders and the buncher. Going to start laying that clearcut on the ground nights. 
 Take her home for an oil change, lights, and a bath. Dropped the 648 to get this job done. 

stavebuyer

Quote from: mike_belben on April 07, 2021, 02:54:11 PM
Im with Ed.

And i have changed my strategy on maple clumps.  I no longer cut them down.  Having switched to a girdle by 5/16  tap and tube approach.

;D
Syrup junkie LOL

Firewoodjoe

This is what happens when you get big around here. I'm not even a scratch in there tire tracks. 

Firewoodjoe

That'sjack pine. They clear then replant for the kirtland warbler. I guess it's the only tree it needs. 🤷🏼‍♂️

nativewolf

Firewood, that looks like the coastal plain of the SE.  "Not even a scratch in their tire tracks " is now my saying of the day, love it.
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Wudman

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on April 08, 2021, 08:15:55 AM
That'sjack pine. They clear then replant for the kirtland warbler. I guess it's the only tree it needs. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I have a feeling I know who they is.  It's the Bachman's Sparrow on this end of the world that needs those open spaces.  I played with Red Cockaded Woodpeckers for a number of years too......now various mussels in the creeks.
Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

HemlockKing

Gotta love entanglements like these, risky game of jenga  :D. She cleans up nice though

A1

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: HemlockKing on April 08, 2021, 09:24:46 AM
Gotta love entanglements like these, risky game of jenga  :D. She cleans up nice though

Well I feel good about the wood I cut then lol

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: Wudman on April 08, 2021, 09:20:27 AM
Quote from: Firewoodjoe on April 08, 2021, 08:15:55 AM
I have a feeling I know who they is.  It's the Bachman's Sparrow on this end of the world that needs those open spaces.  I played with Red Cockaded Woodpeckers for a number of years too......now various mussels in the creeks.
Wudman
No they need live standing jack pine. But the jack pine does off and the state manages out timber so rather than it die the harvest before its dead and replant. 

BargeMonkey

No brakes on the train.... 🤷‍♂️...😆  

mike_belben

Did that detach come from mass?  I sold a rogers just like it with flip tabs on back.. Paired with a 3axle rogers beam. Maybe 2014-ish
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Mike that trailer came out of PA, was owned by an equipment dealer down there outside Philly. Why someone ordered a 2001 trailer on daytons I dont know 🤷‍♂️ We sent it out and had the bottom painted and some steel 2yrs ago, guy told me to run it 3-4yrs and get out of it. Ive been slowly shopping lowboys, a new Pitts or Kaufman isnt bad priced, the minute you get into 55ton dropside and fancy forget it, then your into a 4 axle truck, all to feed the monster. 

mike_belben

Ya the one i moved was like an 89 but spittin image of that. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!