iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very valuable walnut

Started by Larry, August 15, 2020, 07:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

A guy gave me some pieces of 1/16" X 3" X 24" hobby wood.  I was looking today and the thought occurred this little piece of walnut was only $368/board foot.

I have a re-saw, lots of walnut, and a planer that will take it down to .040 before it starts coming apart.  Just gota be careful of not catching cancer the sticker tells about.

I'm gonna be rich, maybe I'll buy an island or even the Forestry Forum! :D

(added smiley to stay out of the woodshed)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

btulloh

Good plan. Pig roast on your island next year. Jeff can run the FF as your employee and still host the pig roast. 

You could cut the price to $300/bf and still make out pretty well. Magicman even knows where you can get another prime walnut log. Hard to believe he would pass up such an opportunity.  lol
HM126

terrifictimbersllc

Thats one SGU/bf- think you have a winner there
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WDH

The sticker said "known to California" so if you are not in or known to California you should be fine :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!