iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Google down?

Started by tyb525, October 01, 2008, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

What's up with google? It seems as if it's been down all day.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jeff

Nothing wrong with google today from here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

On yahoo I looked it up and found a few threads on different sites about it, I guess they had problems with their DNS. It's supposedly back up, but I still can't get it.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

beenthere

I've used it several times today, and haven't noticed a problem.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tyb525

Maybe it's only certain regions. Every other site works just fine fore me, except google.

isawlogs

It worked fine here ... other then everything being slow ... but that I blame on the rain  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

tyb525

Hmm, this is puzzling, this has never happened before.

Rocky_J

I'm having horrible problems with pages loading (especially images) in most of my favorite sites tonight, although Google is working fine for me. I did install the Vista service pack 1 this morning and everything has been getting progressively slower ever since.  :(

isawlogs

The internet is in a recession .. it needs a bail out  !!!!!!! :o :o
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

tyb525

Here's 700 billion dollars.

Warbird

Quote from: tyb525 on October 01, 2008, 09:48:09 PM
Maybe it's only certain regions. Every other site works just fine fore me, except google.

I am noticing issues to places other than just Google.  Sites won't load all the way, etc.  Probably something to do with ads servers not DNS'ing or some such thing.  As to why some folks have it working and not others, that could be due to the way DNS caching works.  If something happened to be cached on your primary DNS server, then you would not notice certain types of issues, while others, whose DNS servers do not have the cached entry, would have problems.

tyb525

I've actually noticed that with myspace (before I quit using it), and maybe some others. Myspace will not load at all. Over I agree that internet seems to have slowed down.

Rocky_J

Wow, somebody flipped a switch and everything is zipping along just fine as of 2 minutes ago. Hope it lasts!  8)

isawlogs

We scarde it with da bale out dollards .  ::)

Marcel

tyb525

Ok, checked today, google works fine, back to normal.

Warbird

Yeah, the issue I had with pages not loading is gone, as well.  My guess is something DNS related but who knows.

Thank You Sponsors!