iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lincoln Welder AC225s parts

Started by Tom, October 04, 2008, 06:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My neighbor has a little Lincoln buzz box, AC 225-S, that the switch heated and the plastic "axle" of the range switch has  bent.  I think he might be able to reheat it and straighten it, but he wants me to see if I can find parts.

He gave me another number that he found and doesn't know what it represents: M-17078.

I can't even find the Range switch, much less parts to it.

Do any of you have an idea where the range switch can be found, or if parts to it are available?

Monday I'll start phoning around town, but today, the lights are out and the sidewalks rolled up.  :)

isawlogs

Lincoln sold as many of those as there are bugs on a windshield in July ....  ::)  There has to be some parts for um . I just can't help ya on the wheres of .  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Slabs

I'd hunt up a local Linclon dealer.  There's gotta be a couple in the JAX area.   I think the company is employee owned so that might be a plus.

Had to do a service/repair on the neighbor's 225 a while ago.  That switch is a weak point and needs attention ocasionally especially keep the switch contacts smooth and clean.  Not a tough job but the dissasembly gets involved.

Good luck and keep us advised.  Betcha lots of us got one.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

isawlogs

That would be an interesting pole to make ... what brand/make/color welder ya got .  :P
It would not surprise me to see lincoln leading .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

johnjbc

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

DanG

I had an AC-225 for years.  Never had any trouble with it until somebody stole it.  I bought another one, used, and never had any trouble with it either, until somebody stole it too.  I always turned it off to change settings.  Changing with it on causes arcing, which will eat up the contacts on the switch.

After the second one, I decided I wanted an ac/dc unit, and I bought a Century.  It's a good machine, but I wish I had another Lincoln.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

mburrow

here is a list of service centers in your area

STRATE WELDING SUPPLY
29 SOUTH MCDUFF AVE.
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32205
US
Phone: (904) 388-2611
Fax: (904) 388-5859

WELD DIRECT CORPORATION
3096 WEST BEAVER ST.
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32246
US