iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What kind of saw can cut wood this way?

Started by misfities, March 12, 2015, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfities

Hi, I am as new as new can be. I know nothing about saws or wood, but I aim to learn and am enrolled in some classes this spring to hopefully gain experience. Are you about to tell me what type of saws can produce cuts like those in this picture?

OntarioAl

Welcome to the forum.
I would be guessing that a scroll saw was used to cut the shapes and then they were glued to the backing blocks.
AL
Al Raman

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, misfities.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DeepWoods

Or, if your just starting out you may wish to try doing it without power tools and use a coping saw.

Oh, Welcome to the FF, it's a great place to find an answer to almost any question.
Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

hacknchop

DeepWoods I believe that is now called a cordless coping saw. :D
Often wrong never indoubt

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, misfities!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!