iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Camera Fun!

Started by stavebuyer, October 12, 2019, 07:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavebuyer

Finally taking time to hunt. "back in the day" Crossbows were illegal for anything, baiting and feeding were off limits, and trail cameras weren't invented. I started with a cellphone enabled camera. Once I got past the learning curve I really like the thing but at $300 purchase plus monthly data I don't want a fleet of them. I bought a few cheap Tasco's ($28 at Wall-Mart) to fill in. The cheap camera takes surprisingly good pictures and its less to worry about if a sticky fingered type happened to pass by.  The cell phone camera pics keep popping in; and I am baited like the corn I put out for the deer lol..eager to see what may be on the other cameras!

I am finding I really enjoy the "baiting" and "checking" of the cameras. Reminds of running a trapline as a teen. Being on the stand as dusk falls or dawn breaks is always special but I am not so sure I will even take the "shot" if the right opportunity presents itself. I think I am just as interested in drawing the trophy into the focus of the trail camera lens as the crosshairs on the scope. Yep I m hooked!

Ron Scott

Yes, game cameras can keep one busy. ;)
~Ron

Southside

No pictures but we have a natural bowl with a spring at the bottom maybe 200 yds from the house, was moving fence the other day and a deer just walked on by into that bowl, then last evening checking cows one was blowing at me by another spring hole, when I came back up a good sized doe was in the field and ran in front of me, then this morning the Guinneas were going off, walked out to see what the problem was and there was a doe or this years fawn with what can only be described as a poop eating grin looking right at me, ears all wide, kind of like it was saying "I didn't do it", it took a couple of steps away from me when two more followed it.  

I used to be the guy who was out there first day of bow season and every day after that, now it seems I enjoy these moments more, probably helps I have a freezer full of our own beef and another full of broilers.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BradMarks

Since nothing seems to show during the day while at our property (but they do when gone), I would not know (except for sign) we have deer, elk, one playful bear, tennis ball stealing coyote, badger, bobcat the hunter, and skunk, not to mention the other things like rabbits, squirrels, which we do see. It's

terry f

Trail cams are more fun than hunting, year round too. Had just about every critter in Oregon on my cams so far. Stavebuyer, which cell cam did you get, I tried the Verizon, but didn't like the picture quality

stavebuyer

My cellphone camera is the Spartan GO CAM GC_LR4B Blackout. The image quality is 8 Megapixel maximum: so there are many cameras that can take better pictures but getting the images delivered in real time makes it very handy for a number of applications. I haven't played around with the settings but my camera is "adjustable"  and the basic text image photo attachment is only in KB unless you see something interesting and request a HD image or video. I think its set up that way to conserve battery/airtime use. We have had some temps in the single numbers this fall(rare this early here in KY)and I have 2 months service and 1200+ pictures on a single set of 12 lithium batteries. Overall I am very pleased and would buy it again. 

terry f

Mine was stealth Verizon, ok on the sent picture, but I thought the retained pic on the card would be great, but it was the same as the sent pic. If I did it again, I would put a cheap primos with it, pointed in the same direction

Peter Drouin

I had a deer in the yard, so I stopped the truck got out and told the deer not to move while I find my camera. [I need to clean the truck].
Smile I said.

Then she got tired of waiting. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Walnut Beast

They have 160 acres of a corn 🌽 field 10 yards from this feeder 😂

Ron Scott

~Ron

terry f

Walnut Beast, that is some great quality. My advice to others that don't get the best pics on their remote cell cams, is put a cheap camera with it, then you have backup😊mine was pixelated on my phone and surprisingly on the card 

mike_belben

Proof that even big fat bucks are lazy.  Why shuck my own if youll do it for me?
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Say What! Where's the beer 🍻😂. My leased 160 acres next door can get knocked out very quickly when they run two of them combines and two tractors with 1,200 bushel grain carts 😂

Southside

Busch Light is made from corn? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Walnut Beast

Yep. On the side it says proudly brewed with corn from America's Heartland

Walnut Beast

These guys farm between 12-15 thousand acres and are not going to be happy. They forgot to pick about 3 acres on the other side of a water way. They did the same thing last year 😂

stavebuyer

I think he sensed the camera

stavebuyer

From my cell camera on Putnam Knob on the kind of night just about every critter is hunkered down. Snowing, -9F and 40mph winds.

DDW_OR

all in Oregon

"let the machines do the work"

Walnut Beast

Awesome pictures guys!!!

newoodguy78

I never realized mountain lions had spots as babies , good pictures. 
That coyote must've been hungry to be out on a night like that. 

stavebuyer

Walnut Beast

Beautiful picture Stavebuyer! 

Thank You Sponsors!