iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moose hunting

Started by Vautour, October 02, 2020, 05:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Tacotodd

Tricks and tips: process yourself (butcher by removing anything inedible including anything silver or fatty looking), cut against the grain about 3/4" thick, towel dry
off, flower using all-purpose flower, place pieces in bacon grease of cast-iron skillet, fry over medium to med-high heat, when done to your liking then place on cookie cooling racks so excessive grease drains and while on the rack use a decent shaking of Cavender's all-purpose Greek seasoning. Eat hot, while cooling, or next day for leftovers.

P.S.   Even when I make a VERY large batch (cookie sheet size) I almost never have leftovers for more than a few hours.
Trying harder everyday.

KEC

TacoTodd, I'm with you on cutting up deer yourself around 3/4 " thick. Years ago I had venison cut up bone-in by a meatcutter, almost soured me on eating deer. Then a cousin set me on the right track. A very sharp boning knife will do most everything you need to do to a deer. Also my neighbors' electric grinder is helpful. I'm getting hungry!

WDH

I cube the sirloins, round, and even the backstap.  My favorite was to cook it is to coat it in House Autry chicken breader and fry it about half done on the stove with just a little oil.  Basically you just brown the meat, not cook it all the way through.  Put the meat in a baking dish.  Add some more of the breader to the oil to make a roux.  When breader has browned properly, add water or milk to make a gravy.  Several cups worth. Then, cut up some onions, green bell peppers, and mushrooms and put all over the top of the meat. then pour the gravy over the whole lot.  Cover with foil and put in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Serve with rice and a vegetable.  It will be fork tender and delicious!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

KEC

I got to thinking about how this started about a moose and we ended up talking about cooking deer (the smaller kind). I once had some roast moose that a guy cooked and seasoned with thyme, very very good!

thecfarm

Step son got another one, I think 450#. Well his clients got one, he is a guide. This was for two hunters one in his late 70's and his friend in his early 80's.
He was involved with 3 moose hunts. His wife was drawn, so they got a freezer full of meat.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

~Ron

Tacotodd

Now, to start eating!  ;D
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!