That Procedure A Man Needs after the Age of 40

Started by firefighter ontheside, August 16, 2021, 06:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

I have to start the prep on Wednesday afternoon at 2.  Dulcolax, Miralax, and then magnesium citrate the next morning.  Its a fun time.  You know what I'm talking about if you're doing what you should at your age, assuming you've reached that age.  My wife is bringing home all those presents when she gets home from work today.  Plus she's bringing me my diet for Wednesday, jello, juice and broth.  I can't believe its been 5 years.  I remember the last time so vividly.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Dan_Shade

Pick up a tube of desatin /diaper rash cream. 

It'll help with the fire.

The prep may be a hassle, but it may help you avoid a much larger hassle. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Skip

Mag. citrate is the bomb  :o Good luck with the procedure .

firefighter ontheside

Good news for me @Dan_Shade is that I already have some Desatin!  ;D :D
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

thecfarm

Well, I can't say you are full of it now.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: thecfarm on August 16, 2021, 08:57:47 PM
Well, I can't say you are full of it now.  ;D
I've got a few more days.  Don't rush me.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

metalspinner

So, do you sip, sip, sip like a fine wine? or just guzzle like a fraternity beer party? :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Runningalucas

About three weeks ago, I took my older slow brother in for a checkup.  The doc said with modern blood tests, they can check so many more things now with current diagnostics.  He brought up the procedure you're talking about, and he said that he doesn't ask men to get those until after 50.  Just interesting.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

barbender

Quote from: metalspinner on August 16, 2021, 10:08:22 PM
So, do you sip, sip, sip like a fine wine? or just guzzle like a fraternity beer party? :D
You need to drink as quickly as possible if you hope to make it to the toilet by the time you are done drinking it😬
Too many irons in the fire

Tacotodd

If you're in touch with your guts feelings (like I am with my Crohns) then you just remember to stay CLOSE to the head, because just when you think that you're done, here it comes again Margaret! :o
Trying harder everyday.

Dan_Shade

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dan_Shade

trapper

Had mine a few days before the pig roast.  Doctor says I am going to die before I need another one.  Results were good. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Tacotodd

@trapper you just have to remember that ain't none of us going to get out of it alive.
Trying harder everyday.

Ed_K

If you think that is bad, end of the month the Dr. going up the other one :o :(. With all the drugs I take for having cancer my p er doesn't want to work anymore. He was talking about enlarged blatter or something up there  :(.
Ed K

Texas Ranger

Along with the Cecil B. DeMille process of sticking a camera up your kester, my saw bones gives me a kit every year at my "Good Health" exam that takes a stool sample to see any mutated dna in your colon.  I like it a whole lot better than the "ready when you are CB".

Folks of an age will recognize the CB.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DbltreeBelgians

Don't sweat the small stuff Bill, it's far better than the alternative.
As you know I'm all too aware of the alternative.
I will say that dulcolax and mag citrate was not my choice of prep though. My doc gave me Suprep and it worked Oh So Well.
You'll be fine and won't remember the procedure at all.
Wishing you the best for great results.

Brent

firefighter ontheside

Thanks, guys.  This is my second one.  They did the last one due to problems I had been having.  I had bad reflux and I also have a small hiatal hernia.  5 years ago they did an endoscopy to look for any signs of cancer due to the reflux.  That was all good, but they did find an area of my esophagus that is called an inlet patch.  Ultimately, its a part of my esophagus that makes its own stomach acid and causes discomfort.  I take a ppi(proton pump inhibitor) every morning to stop the stomach acid brewing too much.

@DbltreeBelgians , Brent, your experience makes it really hard for a guy to complain about drinking some miralax, getting put to sleep and waking up really hungry.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

peakbagger

There is epidemic of Colon Cancer with much younger people and when they get it young it gets serious fast. I know of a couple of folks in their early 40s who succumbed to it. I did my second round last year, they did not find anything so one more time when I am 70 and I am done.

gspren

I also started in my 40s because of my mom having had colon cancer, since then both my brother and myself have had polyps removed before they caused a problem. On my first one they didn't give me enough "sleep juice" and I was fully awake and talking to the doc on the "way out", it surprised him. When I told the guys at work about it I said I got to see my ---- slam shut, you know the entry point, and asked if anyone wanted to see the video but no takers :D. It is important so go git-er-done! 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

firefighter ontheside

I did have one small polyp on my previous procedure.  They removed it and it was benign.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tacotodd

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on August 17, 2021, 08:26:27 PM
I did have one small polyp on my previous procedure.  They removed it and it was benign.
GOOD! I'm glad that it was. I still don't know exactly what the docs where looking for in my case.
Trying harder everyday.

firefighter ontheside

No solid foods today, but I can drink some black coffee.  What better cup to use than this one.  
I mixed up my miralax with sugarfree gatorade.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

HemlockKing

This is one of my biggest fears lol i got a few years left, don't they have cameras for this by now or something? 
A1

firefighter ontheside

They do have camera pills, but it would not be nearly as effective.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed