iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson Demo Day

Started by Gary_C, April 29, 2008, 02:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Well it has been a year since this log:

was reduced to this:

plus at least two of the people involved have been reduced in size also. For some of the details see the folowing topic:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,25028.0.html

Isn't it about time for an update. Where did all that redwood go?????
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

ADAMINMO

I have a small chunk of it at my house with a story tag on it, if it is the pcs that Jeff had at the Sawlex and was giving out. Tom_in_Mo also has a piece as well if I remember correctly. Many people at that show probably ended up with a small piece of history!!What a great story!! Had to go back and scan thru some of the story and pics.

Jeff

Whose the fat guy in blue and blue?  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ADAMINMO

That is  a gray shirt and not blue , The fatness is due to the high speed winds in Florida and as I had raised my arm to point which way for Tom and I to run the wind blew up my shirt sleeve and protruded the front side of the shirt in an outward motion , Thus you get the "fatness" look!  :D   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

OK  ...... fine ...... it is me but the shirt is gray. :D  :D  :D

Jeff

I'm talking about the top picture Adam.  :D

Jeff

This thread is rather timely. Were going to be having  pieces of the Redwood on Ebay with a woodburning on them in the very near future. Sawmill and woodlot are donating some magazines that included the story of that day to go with each piece in the auctions.  :)

Burlkraft

I have a lot of Redwood...... 8)  8)  8)  8)

I have 32 4" X 8"  Cants for re sawing, I have about 600 bf of 1" X 4" boards, and I have 4   5 1/2' X 19' X 4" slabs leanin up against the shed  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Jeff's got a couple of slabs and some extras......Corley5  has a pile sittin' in Jeff's driveway and
Pasbuild has some too.... ;) ;)

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Gary_C

That's a good start, but you know how much we like pictures. Especially of the things that have been already made from the redwood.   ;D ;D ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

trapper

That was a good get to gether.   I would like to see something like that again in the area.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

Come to the pig roast, were just across the lake. :)

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on April 29, 2008, 06:08:32 PM
This thread is rather timely. Were going to be having  pieces of the Redwood on Ebay with a woodburning on them in the very near future. Sawmill and woodlot are donating some magazines that included the story of that day to go with each piece in the auctions.  :)

That is awesome.  Doubt I'll be able to afford one but be sure to let us know when they are posted!

trapper

Jeff I am waiting for your move to the UP. much closer
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Burlkraft

I think we should head on down and help Scott saw up that monster red oak   ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pasbuild

YE HA rode trip  8) 8) when we goin ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!