iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grants for small business startup

Started by music_boy, July 06, 2004, 07:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

music_boy

Hey,
      Any of ya'll got a grant for your business throught the gov.??????
Gonna retire soon and think this may be a good way to augment the income.
Thanks
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

Sackett

MB,
   I tried for over 3 years with no luck,took me 2 years to get a low intrest loan from a recycling trust fund. A lot of headache,but worth it

music_boy

thanks  S.
      Guess all those ads you see on gov. loans ain't all they say. Low intrest is not a problem right now.
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

beenthere

""Guess all those ads you see on gov. loans ain't all they say. ""

The ads may be what they say, but they likely are not easy to get.  I, for one, am glad they are not 'easy' to get.  :)
I'd kindly suggest you take the time to apply for one, and learn what is required to get funding to set up a business. I spent some years reviewing applications for grants and was absolutely amazed at the brevity of details that were necessary (IMO) to determine the integrity of the one applying. I was also amazed at the ones that were approved 'over my recommendation' by someone above me (IMO not a good use of our tax dollars).

Point is, the most difficult part will be filling in the blanks and justifying to someone reviewing the application that your pockets need filling from our pockets. That (blank filling) may be an easy task for you, and it may not. But you will learn a lot by giving it a shot, and I encourage you to do it. You will need some good, hard facts to show that the grant will be used in a productive way, and that there is a good likelihood of success. Is your business idea a solid one, and likely to succeed with money and a lot of hard work?  Some of the exchange of information you get from this forum may help you a lot, one way or another.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kedwards

Got my grant from The NC DENR for recycling and it is a lengthy and competitive process. Everyone sees that goober with dollar bills on his jacket on TV and and thinks money if falling from the sky. You have to have a viable business plan, commitment to plunk down you own cash and show progress along the way. Most people have an idea not something functioning then apply. I put my Treecycling business into place built clientele, inventory and did what i was going to do anyway then applied for money for additional equipment.
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

music_boy

Kedwards'
       You know, that sounds like a good way for me to go. I'm still forty houring it for at least a couple of years. Give me some time to develope and advertise. Then go full time witha track record on an application.
Thanks ya'll,, good advice and insight
Rick

Furby

So where do we get more info and applications? Been thinking about this for a while, just never really felt like paying one of them guys on TV!  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!