iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Radiant Shop Heater

Started by Stephen1, November 14, 2010, 12:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

Hi Guys, I am looking at a radiant tube heater for my shop. In the spring my chimney for my wood stove blew over in a storm. I would now need to buy a lot of new parts for it, or install a radiant heater. I like the idea of the radiant heater as then, I believe I can vent it, in and out, then can paint or stain in the shop.
The unit I'm looking at is used, and I would have to change out the orifice from natural gas to propane.
I would install this unit my self.
Has anyone here done this before?
Is there any thing I should look for with this unit before I buy it, it is used.
Thanks,
Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

superwd6

Make sure you can buy the proper conversion kit for the unit before you do anything. Only the approved kit from the manufacturer is alowed. You need someone that knows what there doing to convert as pressures are different for propane as well as orfice size

Stephen1

I am told the propane conversion is included, from the original manufacturer.
Steve
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jasperfield

You can do a search or look at Trade-A-Plane.com for radiant heaters. They are widely used in large and small hangers.

Thank You Sponsors!