iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 15 Hard start

Started by Steve Carson, February 11, 2020, 02:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Carson

So I did an oil change and ended up over filling the oil back in. I didn't realize this until it started smoking way more then it ever has before. I ran it for maybe two minuets before cutting it off and draining the extra out. After it was back to the right level and cleaning the spark plugs I tried cranking it up again. It would turn over for a little bit without firing off and then it just stopped and sounds like one of the gears has a chunk of metal stuck in it. It wont turn over at all and there is just a large thud when you try and crank it. Its electric start battery is all but new and was turning it over with plenty of power.

Is it locked up? How do I know if I'v just thrown away $1200 on an oil change? 

donbj

Will it turn over with the spark plug out?
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

donbj

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Steve Carson

Haven't tried it without the spark plugs yet but will tonight. 

donbj

With the plugs out it will be easy to turn by hand. Try that instead of the starter for safety sake of the motor.

WV TreeTopper

Vapor lock or hydro lock maybe...?

luap

I am not familiar with what engine is on a lt15 so is it 2 cyl, briggs, Kohler? HP? The oil overfill may not be related but internal clunking may be a failure of something else. How many approx. hrs on motor? Some newer motors use a plastic gear on the governor that could be a failure point.

Thank You Sponsors!