iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new contact

Started by woodmills1, October 09, 2003, 06:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

No this is not about area 51 :D :D :D

I have been beating the weeds to find some new customers.  No luck on the railroad tie approach, but I did succeed in landing another local paving company for their truck sides and trailer decking.  They liked the first order of 2x8x14 red oak truck sidesenough so that they had me measure up one of their trailers for replacement decking.

The big news is that next Tuesday I will be visited by the lumber buyer from Northland Forest Products, a lumber concentration yard a few towns over in Kinston NH.  He wants to see my operation and look at my forest trees and also check out what my cut lumber looks like.  Could turn out to be just the kind of gig I was looking for.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SawInIt CA

Good luck James. I hope it works out well for you.

Dave

Frank_Pender

That is great, James.  If the visit does not pay off, perhaps his telling someone will. ;)
Frank Pender

shopteacher

Best of luck to you and hope this will be a very profitable and enduring contract. ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Gus

James,
Good luck. Getting GOOD contracts can be the deciding factor between making it and breaking it sometimes.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

woodmills1

I called the buyer at 8 yesterday to confirm and he said it looked like he might have to put out fires for the day.  He called back around 11 to say the plant was having a tough day so we would have to reschedule.

I did get an order for stair treads and risers over the weekend so had work to do.  The customers was very pleased to see that every tread was curly and/or birdseye maple.  Then the instrument maker visited and tried to overbid the price and steal the wood because he just fell in love with it. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!