iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seen Something Today

Started by Autocar, October 17, 2019, 04:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I never saw before a beaver dam made out of corn stocks. I was just across the state line hauling logs and this creek runs along the road and I saw the water level was pretty high. Figured a dead tree had fallen and dammed her up. But as I came back I saw the corn stock dam. Probably won't last long because the water was backing up in the farm tiles so those beavers are probably in hot water.
Bill

WV Sawmiller

You never can tell. All it has to do is hold water till the beavers can reinforce it with mud. Where I used to coon hunt in NW Fla beavers dammed up a creek with a high bank along one side and a mud flat on the other. On the mud flat side they built a dike/berm for over 1/4 mile and raised the height of the water there a good foot or more. Pretty amazing when you think he had to dig up that mud and hold it in his front paws against his chest about 1 cup at time. Ever think if how many trips and how cups of mud it took to accomplish that? Pretty dang amazing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!