iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new JD forwarder

Started by thecfarm, April 20, 2013, 07:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

The guy that has done some cutting for me is trying out a JD 1510E forwarder. I think 186hp,cab turns with the boom,8 wheels. He will get tracks if,when,he buys it. Tuesday I will see it in action.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Ken

Nice unit but I suspect the price tag for a new one is $350 - $400K.  Gotta cut a lot of trees to justify that.   However, there must be some optimism in the industry because there has been several new machines sold from the dealers here this spring and prices for used gear has increased. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Woodhauler

Quote from: Ken on April 20, 2013, 12:43:08 PM
Nice unit but I suspect the price tag for a new one is $350 - $400K.  Gotta cut a lot of trees to justify that.   However, there must be some optimism in the industry because there has been several new machines sold from the dealers here this spring and prices for used gear has increased.
The big keep getting bigger and the small guys go home!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

This is his Fabtec,six wheels and only a 4 cylinder. I forgot the year. He said either I put money into that one or buy another machine. He works on some hills and the 4 cyl cannot carry a full load.The JD is longer,carry more and a bigger motor.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MapleNut

The places those machines can go amaze me. I've watched them skid on hills and thru wet areas-they just keep going!  A good operator can move a lot of wood in a day with one! Wish I had one!...... :)
2005 WM LT40HDG28, 5500 IRON MULE, 272,262,046, & A PIC!

woodworm

If he hasn't bought one of these yet, I would advise him to wait a while. The cabs have been problematic and there are reports that deere are about to announce a new cab for the forwarders at the Elmia forestry show on 6th June. Can't confirm whether that is the case but from experience I really hope so. 8)
If you snooze, you lose

thecfarm

woodworm,welcome to the forum. I think he brought it,but the dealer has not made him sign anything,YET. I talked to him about 2 weeks ago.
welcome to the forum. I take it you must cut wood.work in the woods?

woodworm

Hiya,
Yep, I drive a tree harvester (not a deere) and have some experience of the JD E-series cabs. I have to be a bit careful what I say on an open forum, but there have been problems with the bearings that the cabs rotate on (this may have been solved) and also I know of a 1110E under 2 1/2 years old which has had the air con go down at least 4 times and the  air con pipes under the cab replaced on numerous occasions. Don't think the problem is as bad with the harvesters as the cab does not turn as far but with the forwarders it has certainly been an issue for some contractors
If you snooze, you lose

coxy

Quote from: Woodhauler on April 20, 2013, 02:27:15 PM
Quote from: Ken on April 20, 2013, 12:43:08 PM
The big keep getting bigger and the small guys go home!!
got that wright woodhauler

furltech

The outfit i am working for took delivery of one identical yesterday at noon .

timberlinetree

Seems like operating that is similar to flying a space ship! Must be a lot of bells and whistles in that thing! Nice looking unit! Good luck!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!