iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw two turkeys chasing a red fox yesterday

Started by btulloh, March 17, 2017, 11:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

Never seen that before.  Two turkeys were out scratching around in the pasture about 250 yds from the house and a red fox was just sort of hanging around not far away.  They weren't too concerned about each other, but then the turkeys started walking toward the fox.  The fox didn't seemed to be alarmed, but was on alert.  The turkeys split up as they got closer to the fox and one flanked him.  It seemed to be a territorial issue.  There was never any contact, but the dance went on for about fifteen minutes.

I see a lot of interesting things like that now that I'm not in an office all day long.

One day I saw a grey fox climb a small walnut tree.  I looked it up and it seems that it's not unusual.  No purpose to it, other than being rambunctious.

HM126

WV Sawmiller

Never seen turkeys chase a fox away. I did see our old bob-tailed house cat herding a flock of turkeys one time. There were 25-30 turkeys feeding near our house and Bob went out to scope them out. They would let him get about 5 yards from them then they would move at the same speed he did. Never got scared but just cautious. Its neat to watch Nature at work.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Autocar

Pretty normal for gray foxes to climb trees. I have heard that denning in trees is normal also.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!