iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging Pants Help

Started by kyrowcutter, January 25, 2015, 09:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyrowcutter

Lookin to buy some pants with suspender buttons. I cut gas line right of ways for a living and am hard on pants. I'm 6 foot 238 stocky build and I can't stand pants that fit tight in the thigh and but. I have never worn a logger fit pant. I've narrowed it to three. Key logger pant, Big bill 1983 heavy duty logger pant, and the wild ass Sigle front logger pant. Can anybody give me feedback and how does a logger pant fit. Thanks

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
I wear the Bailey's "Wild Ass" pants (doubles or singles) most days with the suspenders to keeps my pants up. Nice deep pockets, they take a beating, soft and comfortable. I haven't had any rips, either.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sandhills

Can't help with the pants (I prefer Wranglers, not exactly logging pants  ;D) but I will say welcome to the forum.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum kyrowcutter.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Small Slick

I think Filson makes good tough clothes. Also Duluth trading Company advertises for those types of clothing lines.  I own a Filson jacket and it has been very good to me. John.

trapper

I like button suspenders and use the hammer on bachelor buttons on my pants.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Clark

Quote from: Small Slick on January 25, 2015, 09:54:01 PM
I think Filson makes good tough clothes. Also Duluth trading Company advertises for those types of clothing lines.  I own a Filson jacket and it has been very good to me. John.

I agree with you on Filson pants. They are the best made but you will probably find them too tight.

I bought one pair of Duluth Trading Company pants. They are expensive for a garment made overseas. They also do not last as long as their advertisements would make it seem. I went through a pair in one summer cruising timber. That was the last pair I will ever buy.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

scsmith42

Quote from: clww on January 25, 2015, 09:13:55 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
I wear the Bailey's "Wild Ass" pants (doubles or singles) most days with the suspenders to keeps my pants up. Nice deep pockets, they take a beating, soft and comfortable. I haven't had any rips, either.

Me too. I've worn the Baileys almost daily for several years. Tough, comfortable, US made and affordable. Much better than Carharts and I would not spend the $ for the Filson or Duluth pants, cuz you will eventually wear them out.

I have Filson and Duluth clothing, but when it comes to logger pants I really like the value and the comfort of the Wild Ass pants.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

brandonward6

the wild ass jeans are really roomy in the thighs and butt and I would order a size shorter than what you wear and most people say order them one size larger to shrink to fit but I found that ordering the true size fit better except in lengh

Just Me

Sounds like you are built about like me and I wear the "Wild Ass" jeans. I too hate tight thighs and have big legs. Can't beat the price either.

Larry

kyrowcutter

Thanks for all the help guys I guess I will go with the wild ass pants.

Thank You Sponsors!