iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walbro Fuel filters unreliable?

Started by MNBobcat, February 12, 2018, 07:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNBobcat

Hi Guys,

I have a Dolmar 6100 that I've been having on-going problems with it not running right.  The engine RPMs cycle up and down and sometimes by as much as 50%.  Its still under warranty.  The dealer put a new carb, new fuel pick-up line in the tank and a new fuel filter on it.  Ran good until the 3rd tank and it's back to it's old tricks again.

I replaced the fuel  filter once, prior to the dealer replacing it.  It seems like with a new filter it will run fine for a tank or too.

The fuel filters it uses look like this:

I am wondering if any of you have had issues with that type of filter?  When I got it back from the dealer I dumped all the fuel out of my fuel can I got brand new non-oxy fuel with new stihl oil.  So I know that it's not fuel contamination.  At least not that I could tell.

I'm considering trying a new bronze filter that looks something like this:

The above isn't exactly what I'm considering but its close enough to give you an idea.

First I would like to hear if any of you have had ongoing problems with walbro filters?

It may not be the filter at all but the dealer is 2 hours away and trying a new, different style of filter, is a quick and easy option.

Thanks!

dougand3

Never seen a fuel pickup like the brass one. I don't have trouble with 3 different kinds of filters that I order online...some 50 cents each. Search "chainsaw fuel filter" and get 2 of each kind and try.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Thank You Sponsors!