iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BIRDSEYE TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Back40x2, April 19, 2005, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back40x2

Well most of the mud is all dried up, so I took ole Betty Lu out this weekend and got her all ready to make some dust. 8) 8) 8)  I thought I would give here a test run on some BEAUTIFUL Birdeye Maple I recovered from a slash pile  8) 8) 8)  I think Betty liked it.  I know I do ;)  Gotta find more of that ;)

Sure is good to be sawing again.  It has been a long Maine Winter  ;)
My JD 4120 Loader/Hoe/fransgard winch, a 10,000 pound Warn winch, STIHL 460,  Timberking 1600,  Lots of logs, a shotgun, rifle, my German Shorthaired Pointers and a 4-wheel drive, is all this Maine boy needs to survive!! Oh Yeah, and my WIFE!!!!!!

GF

Now that has some fine looking grain there, good looking lumber.

flip

Nuttin' better than a good book match!

Were you able to tell it was BE when you pulled it from the pile?
Flip
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

tnlogger

nice to get back to the mill  eh?  ;D
gene

Back40x2

Flip,   

Yes!!!!  you could tell,  the delimbers do quite a number on the bark.  Very easy to spot.  Just look for the divets or ridges for the curly.   These are pieces left behind from the biomass chippers.  Imagine that ???   What a waste of wood >:( >:( >:(  Have got another load I am doing Friday!!!!  I can't wait. 8) 8) 8)
My JD 4120 Loader/Hoe/fransgard winch, a 10,000 pound Warn winch, STIHL 460,  Timberking 1600,  Lots of logs, a shotgun, rifle, my German Shorthaired Pointers and a 4-wheel drive, is all this Maine boy needs to survive!! Oh Yeah, and my WIFE!!!!!!

Captain

Nice Stuff, Back 40.  Now where's the shots of that Peterson....

See you in Bangor

Captain

southview

awsome looking stuff.  I would already be planning on what to build with that stuff.  Good luck with the rest of the pile.

twoodward15

out of curiosity, if you were gonna sell that stuff how much would you get for it.  Just rying to figure out what the mark up is when buying at the local wood store as opposed to buying form a sawyer.
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Back40x2

Twoodward15,

My price is $9.50-16.50, and 17.00 and up for instrument grade!

How much do you want ;) ;) ;)

twoodward15

Shorts still a buck a bdft?????? ;) ;) ;)

Back40x2

Twood,

What sizes are you looking for ???    Perhaps we can work something out ;)

twoodward15

Pretty much any length.  I would like at least one foot long, but I'll even take 8 inchers if you have them.  Not looking for anything special, just need some to keep around for woodworking.  I'm making wifey a couple plant stands with walnut legs and birds eye top and shelf.  I've got enough for one but would like some more.  Always looking for figured wood.  Thanks!!!

twoodward15

I'll take any thickness and width as well!

Thank You Sponsors!