iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arbor Day

Started by RMay, April 21, 2006, 08:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMay

I had a unqine saw job today for Arbor day in Hot Springs  ;D I showed 600 fifth grade school kids how a log becomes a board  ::)

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Corley5

That musta been fun 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

What a perfect opportunity to saw into a dog or roll a log off the back of the mill Roy!  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

600 fifth graders! All from the same school?Did you have questions and answers?  :D :D Good for you.It's good to take time out for them.So many kids and adults too are brainwashed into thinking that cutting trees is bad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sawyerfortyish

I do the same thing for the boy scouts,cub scouts and several camps around me. Most of the kids from camp are right out of the big city and have know idea where anything comes from. Lumber from a lumberyard and milk from a store :o thats about all they know.

mikeandike

while ya had your mill here in Hot Springs you could have some over
and sawed up my whack of logs. I'm just over on Lake Catherine. :)
Looking for a slabber
WMLT40HD

sawguy21

Quote from: Jeff B on April 21, 2006, 11:59:34 PM
What a perfect opportunity to saw into a dog or roll a log off the back of the mill Roy!  ;)

Then they could go home and ask about all the new words they learned at school :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

5th graders already know them words and they can be a tough crowd. I did a painting demonstration back in my Arteest days for all the 5th graders at Harrison schools.There were over a hundred I would imagine. I painted a landscape painting from start to finish in that hour. I sure would have liked a sawmill that day to drown out the comments from a couple of those kids. :D For the most part though it was a positive experience and an honor to be asked to do it.

Good for You Mr. Roy!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!