iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drying services

Started by Den Socling, December 02, 2010, 10:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Let's start a listing of dry kilns that may be available for custom drying. If you put your name and location here, others will find you.

I'll start with Arkansawyer. He is in Flippin, Arkansas. (I didn't make up that "flippin" part.)

And I operate a couple small vacuum kilns near Jersey Shore, PA. And Jersey Shore is nowhere near the Jersey Shore.

ellmoe

Bushnell Sawmill, Bushnell,Fla. (just down the street from Wahoo,Fla.  ;D ). 352/793-2740.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Raider

OakRidge Sawmill Gratiot, Wisconsin. (Just like cowsh*t only Gra-sh*t) :o 608 922-6249        Raider

ATLGA

America First.

Kcwoodbutcher

I have a DH kiln in KCMO Jim 816-673-0179
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Larry

Hey Jim, you got any spare sticks? ;D  I could use another 10,000 or so. :D :D

I should have my DH kiln up and running in about two months.  Got about 4 loads or so to do and than should have some space for custom drying in early summer.

Send me a pm and just in case you can't find Nob Hill on your map I'm located in NW Arkansas...the pretty part. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Kcwoodbutcher

No Larry, none to spare. I still have all of yours but I'm sick of making new ones for customers. The latest was a bunch I made from leftover plastic decking a guy brought me. Cutting that stuff stunk up the shop.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

oakiemac

I have three DH kilns from 1 to 3 thousand board feet capacity. Located near Decatur Michigan. Prices vary depending on amount, moisture content and thickness of lumber.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Tom

This thread is not a bad idea, but be careful of putting personal information on it that you don't want disseminated throughout the world.

A good place to develop your contacts can also be found in the Forum Extras at the top of the page.  In there is a function called "Find a Sawyer/Forester" where you can list your business and all that you do.  Why more people don't take advantage of it, I've never been able to figure out.  It's looked at by many visitors.  The more of you that use it, the more used it will become. I find it to be a great Member Benefit.  What's to lose?

lt70guy

DH kiln in Brazil, Indiana (west central) for woodworkers.  812-201-2969.

red oaks lumber

custom d.h.kiln drying 715-635-5333 spooner wisconsin
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

DR_Buck

Got Logs? LLC   
   Custom Portable Sawmilling & Kiln Drying

Northern VA - Fauquier County

Wood-Mizer DH4000 Dehumidification Kiln  ~1800 bf capacity

Dave 888-383-3519
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

sixteenacrewood

what is an average going rate to dry wood for a customer?

Just curious, say oak/hickory, 1000 brd ft 8/4

I don't know of anyone in my area that does custom drying

Red Pill

Anybody near Dallas/Fort Worth? (Long shot, I know.)

kderby

I am in the upper middle of Oregon and have a dry kiln available.  Twenty foot length, capacity above 8mbf.  Fired by a gas boiler and controlled by a computer.  It is a Woodmizer DK8000.

Call 541-6 two zero-222zero

Junipersawmill.com
Sawmill Kiln Warehouse
Fossil, Oregon 97830

stevareno

We run a Pc Specialties Vacuum kiln in Campbellsville Ky.    Other services associated with kiln drying including planing, ripping and molding are offered as well. 

Steve
270-465-0220

Migal

Great post   Im in east texas love to say perfect timing but i said that Im sure i will need or want wood dried till i figure out if its going to be another dry year
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

harrymontana

If you are in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, give me a call, we have a 50,000 BFT capacity for you:

everything on hardwood

FeltzE

Nyle 200, DH kiln  Near Fayetteville NC (910)308-7796

GAmillworker

8k bdft kiln direct gas fired.   six seven eight 910 0392   Daniel
Thank the Lord for second chances

shakebone

Shakebone sawmill jasper ga nyle l200m 770-363-4471 404-375-2256
Lt40 super desiel , LT 35 hyd , New Holland ls 180 , Case 75xt ,
So many logs so little time.

2StateTrigger

Quote from: harrymontana on December 24, 2012, 01:58:24 PM
If you are in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, give me a call, we have a 50,000 BFT capacity for you:

Now that's a whale of an operation there......
Molon Labe

Liv2bowhunt

Quote from: GAmillworker on July 10, 2013, 06:16:22 PM
8k bdft kiln direct gas fired.   six seven eight 910 0392   Daniel
Where are you located Daniel?

chadp

Not me, but Bill Stuewe (Bill's Woodshop) in Georgetown, Texas (near Austin) has done some drying for me. He runs a Woodmizer LT40 HG36 and Alaskan chainsaw mill (up to 69")

He has a solar kiln and a heated kiln.  I think the heated kiln is $25 per day to operate.  The solar kiln has been really reasonable for rates - I don't have a specific price, sorry.

He's a great guy and has some neat woods, too. I buy some interesting wood there, which has been a good value, and I have gotten loads of advice and education for free.

Thank You Sponsors!