iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyle 200

Started by Raider, June 09, 2007, 07:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider

The son found a used Nyle 200 in Arkansas! So we left his place in Ill. and drove down to Little Rock first nite, then to the yard site,about hour. Picked up the Kiln, loaded and tied down and headed back to Wisconsin. The unit looks in very good shape 8). Took off the sides and blew out any dust etc. from the fins. Wiped down the fan blades, and put the sides back on! :) :) We wii be installing in a 26' freezer trailer. Plan on going to Maine this fall, will have to stop at the plant in Bangor.    Raider

TexasTimbers

Cool. Show some pics of your first load when you get her full of goodies.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

DR_Buck

Raider,

Congrats on the new kiln unit.   I think you'll find the Nyle very dependable.  I have the Wood-Mizer version that Nyle builds and it is installed in an old truck box.   Unfortunatly I had to add insulation.  Aside from the kiln unit that was my biggest expense.

Here is the link to the unit I built.   Maybe you'll get a few ideas on putting your's together.

DR Buck's Kiln

One thing I did and I'm glad I did it is build the controller 'in to' the kiln.   It is protected from the weather and sun and it keeps it from freezing in the winter.

Hope your box has hinged doors.   Mine didn't.  It was a roll-up and I had to remove it and make hinged doors.

Good luck on your's
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Raider

I checked on the doors of the box, they are hollow core, filled with foam ins. Rubber seals on all three doors. Have to mount fans from ceiling yet and install unit. Need to get a lab oven for samples also. Thanks for all the help :) :) 8)  Raider

Thank You Sponsors!