iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goodwill Roadtrip/Sawing - Success

Started by Magicman, September 18, 2013, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Kinda depends on whose book the paper is in.

I did, she did, and we ain't tellin'.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Magicman

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on December 16, 2013, 09:51:03 PM
MM, this is not getting pretty....bg 
;D  Naw, looks like she is keeping me no matter how old I look.   :D

I was thinking back on were we were a week ago and us old codgers working pretty good together.  Good friends, good fellowship, good food, and good logs.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Ole codgers can getter done sometimes. bg

Bill Gaiche

By the way, where would she find another Magicman? bg

pasbuild

any word on the other news paper article?
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Magicman

It is a weekly newspaper and they promised us a copy.  Hopefully Austin or Stacey can give an update.

dablack

Yes, we got a couple of copies of the Wednesday paper.  It had some really humorous mistakes in it but past that he did a good job.  I think it was titled "A "Black" Christmas gets brighter".  Oh BOY!  Also, apparently we are saving the bark to use inside the house.  There is lots of other stuff too but overall he did a very good job.....just doesn't know anything about construction. 

I don't know if the lady that scanned the first one will be able to scan the second one. 

thanks
Austin
Building my own house in East TX

Magicman

Ah ha, that is where the bark was going.  I even noticed that the dog had lost his bark and had gone silent.   :D

I look forward to seeing that paper.   8)

Magicman

wwsjr (Willie Steele) and I both received a nice gesture from Wood-Mizer.  We each received three Resharp Certificates.

Logrite and Wood-Mizer both recognized that this project was about helping a family that had suffered a tragedy with their new home.  They joined with more than 80 Forestry Forum members to be a part of the team that successfully provided the framing lumber for their new home.

Thanks to both of these Forestry Forum Sponsors for providing their support and generosity.

pineywoods

Quote from: Magicman on December 20, 2013, 01:58:37 PM
wwsjr (Willie Steele) and I both received a nice gesture from Wood-Mizer.  We each received three Resharp Certificates.

Logrite and Wood-Mizer both recognized that this project was about helping a family that had suffered a tragedy with their new home.  They joined with more than 80 Forestry Forum members to be a part of the team that successfully provided the framing lumber for their new home.

Thanks to both of these Forestry Forum Sponsors for providing their support and generosity.

Thank you woodmizer, logrite, and the numerous members who made this all possible. We all know that if not for Lynn and Willie, it never would have happened. Y'all make us proud..  8)  8)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

Great accomplishment so far.

I look forward to the time when we can see this family in their new home.  8)

Some how, some way, some time... maybe we can help make that happen.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

samandothers

Great job by the sponsors to support the humanitarian venture and two well deserving folks!

Bill Gaiche

Its great that Wood-Mizer and Logrite have shown that they care about helping in a time of need. Hope that there are more good gestures from others in the future. This is what makes this a great country that we live in when people can come together and help someone in need. bg

WDH

You guys are very very close to being Grumpy Old Men  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

But.. but I didn't think they were old.... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pineywoods

Quote from: beenthere on December 20, 2013, 10:16:44 PM
But.. but I didn't think they were old.... ;D

They don't think so either  ;)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

scsmith42

This post ranks at the top of a lot of great posts on the FF over the years. 

Great work guys!

SS
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

Dear FF Members.  During this entire project I have been in receipt of the kindest and most heart warming letters and notes, and many times, I have had to pause and compose myself before continuing to read.  Another of which I received today.  The outpouring of love has been beyond comprehension.

I know that the Austin Black family thanks you but I want to add a personal Thank You.  Your kind words of encouragement have blessed me beyond measure.

TimW

Just finished reading this whole thread.  Awesome job Y'all!

Maybe we can get an update how the build went.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Magicman

Here you go Brandi:  phoenix / goodwill rebuild in Sawmills and Milling

It must be noted that two of our "Goodwill Sawing Members" are now In Memoriam.  Sadly we have lost both Willie Steele (wwsjr) and Andy White.  May their memories forever be cherished here on the Forestry Forum.  They will forever remain in my heart.

TimW

Quote from: Magicman on February 12, 2019, 09:18:06 PM
Here you go Brandi:  phoenix / goodwill rebuild in Sawmills and Milling

It must be noted that two of our "Goodwill Sawing Members" are now In Memoriam.  Sadly we have lost both Willie Steele (wwsjr) and Andy White.  May their memories forever be cherished here on the Forestry Forum.  They will forever remain in my heart.
Thanks Lynn.  Oh wow, sad news indeed.
    hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Thank You Sponsors!