iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

56DL on 57DL cs352 16" ???

Started by NorCalKuma, July 08, 2019, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCalKuma

Echo cs352 16" uses a 57dl 3/8lp.  Found a 56dl 3/8lp PM3. Will it fit? 

Noob question alert, is the diff between a 56dl and 57dl only two links? 

Should some material be removed from the tail?  In the bottom pic, the bar oiler hole is still 100% open to the oiler channel.

lxskllr

You'd lose one tie strap. A drive link is the 'shark fin' that goes in the bar. Take one away, and you lose one tie strap. I've got one I intend to force fit on my cs400. I forget which way the error is(too long I think), but I made the chain for an echo bar, then blew up the bar. I could fix it, but it's easier to just force it. I wouldn't modify a bar for a single chain, but it could be cut down if you really wanted to.

NorCalKuma

So... is that a yes, it will fit? lol    Albeit, barely.

lxskllr

The bar I'm using is a WoodlandPro, and it's kind of a 'universal fit'. It has extra holes, so there's more mounting options. For the echo bar, I'd just try it, and see what it looks like. As long as there's decent clearance on the sprocket, you should be ok. If the adjuster won't fit the holes, you could drill new ones. You could also get another bar that fits your chain. The WoodlandPro is fairly cheap, and though I don't have a lot of time on it, I'd say it's at least as good if not better than the echo bar. They're also consumables. If you use a saw a lot, you'll need a new bar at some point anyway.

edit:
Also, keep in mind the short chain will only get longer as you use it. You won't make up a whole drive link on a short bar like that, but it'll get a bit better with time.

Thank You Sponsors!