iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with a dig pattern.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2023, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

YellowHammer

That looks like a complete success to me.  The first thing that came to my mind when I saw how well that point looked was that many pond builders here put a little island in the pond to deter predators as a perfect place for ducks and geese to nest and just generally relax.  A safe haven, and waterfowl magnet.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Jeff

Was able to do a little bit of video while Tammy was here this weekend. That chick likes to play in puddles...

Heavy Rain. Can it Fill a Pond? - YouTube

Jeff

Good job this year Justine. You to Cedar!

Jeff

Pretty good look at the pond excavation work and my self awarded award winning clover.

I'll probably never have another clover field as nice as this one. - YouTube

thecfarm

You will have woodchucks now.   :D   :(  
Seems kinda odd to see how flat it is there. 
I like how Cedar watches the drone.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

Jeff will have steelhead running up to the pond from the big lake before we know it😁
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

The name of that tune in that last video is called water slide.

Jeff

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Jeff is quite artistic, so maybe he painted that great pic. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Excellent photo. I'd make one like that into a poster for back at home base. I've always found when using negatives for posters, they always came out dark. But that's a lot to do with the people developing it. Some are experts, and some just know how to develop film without a care about the results.

Even on an inexpensive printer, printing on photo paper, I find you have the brighten the image or it too darkens on print. I usually have to make a test run and adjust for the final print. Trouble with those types of photos off a printer is that the colors will fade in time. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I'm telling you guys, I do not know why, but walking down to the pond and seeing what it is becoming, brings me true joy. It's so close to what I envisioned, but better, and the better has nothing to do with me.

Yesterday something happened to my right foot. No idea what I did, but I can't hardly walk on it, but I can tell you, if I have to cut a crutch, I'll get down to that pond today. Yesterday a deer was snorting at cedar and I from behind the berm. Before the berm, any deer down there would have been long gone.

Magicman

That has become a beautiful place of solitude.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

I meant to post this the other day but lacked the time to word it thoughtfully.
 Jeff it has been no small pleasure in my recent life over the past year or so to watch another man about my age get the opportunity and have the drive to make his dream come true. 'being with you' in a manner of speaking while you worked through all the decisions going back to well before you sold the mustang, sharing your frustrations and the hundreds of tiny steps to get things in place and functioning has added joy (and sympathy) to my daily life. 
 But more than anything watching the results come together after all that work, frustration, problem solving, head scratching, leaky hoses, broken equipment, and all the other stuff is really something to behold and rejoice in for folks like me that can't get our act together no matter how close we get.
 I can't express how thankful I am that you brought us along for the ride, through all the ups and downs and shared the resulting joyful outcome.
 Good for you and Tammy, you have built something to bring you pleasure for years to come. That is a noble and worthy thing. Yeah, I know why you get joy out of a walk through and to what you have built, that was the goal, and you nailed it.

Thanks for the ride and future things as they develop as we know they will. I can't wait until things green up in the spring, then it will REALLY pop! :)

P.S. I am so glad those 2 ponds have finally melded. That two-tone color thing was driving me nuts, but I tried not to say anything. All is good now, in fact, perfect I think. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

newoodguy78

Jeff you've got a beautiful place there and should feel proud. The contentment in your posts about your work there is palpable. 
Your mention of pure joy when seeing it is something I totally understand. 
Of all the things I've built,worked on and problems I've solved, nothing is as satisfying as seeing a piece of land change and improve due to my efforts. Whether it's seeing crops improve or all of nature's little creatures thriving and doing their thing it's great to watch. 
The road to getting there is bumpy at times but it's always worth it. 
Great job. 

Jeff

Just a picture of the pond. Upside down.

chet

So is up actually down or is down really up?  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

I like it either way. Like an alternate universe. 

Nebraska

Beautiful Jeff, glad you got that picture.

Magicman

Yours has much more character than one I took a few years ago:

Is this up or....

Is it down??  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

Found myself twisting the phone upside down to try and figure out what way was up  :D
That picture is like a riddle with no words.

doc henderson

I think the bottom one is right side up!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

And you are upside down.  ;D

What you see as a bush in the lower right of the 2nd picture is actually an overhanging tree limb in the upper left of the 1st picture.  Also the blue in the sky is absorbed/not reflected true in the water reflection so it appears more pale.  The darker blue is actually the sky.

Thank You Sponsors!