iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New EPA Small Engine Requirements?

Started by GaTrapper, September 19, 2023, 07:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaTrapper

I have read online and see YouTube videos where folks mention something about new EPA small engine law(s) going into effect in 2025. 

Is this true or are these changes coming in specific states?  I am assuming, if true, then this will change the simplicity of small engines as we know it.

Should I be proactive and make any small engine purchases before 2025?

SawyerTed

I could be wrong but I don't see EPA 2025 regulations on the books at this time.  

All I can see regarding 2024 or 2025 are some individual states with legislation including California and Colorado - bans on non-electric units.  Others considering bans or partial bans.  

EPA doesn't list anything but 2011 and 2012 emissions regulations for spark ignition engines. 

Do you have a source for where the regulations are published?   
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, we kind of need a reference to start with. I can't seen find an NPRM reference on this except for the rules already in effect.
 Also, are you talking about hand held or non hand held engines, there is a difference there too. Careful what you believe from youtube. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

GaTrapper

No specific articles really.  Some of the things I read discussed certain states wanting to ban gas mowered mowers and others mentioned a trickle down effect on other small engine tools. 

I was just digging to see what others have heard to see if it's something I need to have a realistic concern about. 

21incher

Right now it really comes down to who wins the next election.  I know here in NY there is an agenda to ban small ICE engines over the next several years.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!