iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

solar kilns

Started by big_sid, January 30, 2004, 11:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_sid

Has anyone had any experience with the solar kiln kits offered by woodmizer? Considering buying a kit.........any input would be appreciated. :-/
never been so happy to be so broke

Carl_B

I havenot built the solar klin from the woodmizer kit. But I did build a solar kiln using a plan that wood magazine has. it is for 1000 board foot capacity with materials list . Cost for the plan is $9.95 at Klin Plans Wood Magazine 1912 Grand Ave Des Moines Ia. 50309-3379. I made some changes to the plan and I also made it smaller but is a good place to get you starter with a little investment I think I can come up with a phone number for the plan it you would be interested in calling for the plans.

crtreedude

I would definitely be interested in any and all plans for a solar kiln.  

Again, thanks to the PTB (Powers that be ;) ) for this section.  It was next on my list of things to research.

Fred

P.S. Anyone want to speculate on how a solar kiln would work in the tropics?  I suspect that the problem will be keeping it cool enough and not overheating - of course I am talking from total ignorance here.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Carl_B

Phone number for the plan form wood magazine is 888-636-3023. For $9.95 you will get plans for 1000 board foot kiln a copy of the article, a materials list and imformation about drying.Tell them the solar kiln plan June 1994 Issue # 70

Thank You Sponsors!