iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skid steers

Started by Redhorseshoe, October 21, 2021, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Check this feature on the John Deere cabs as seen at minute 14:00 of this video. 

John Deere R series cab / Beer cooler option - YouTube

Maybe Kubota needs to know that too. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

customsawyer

I have a Lincoln also. Mine is getting close to 20 years old. I have had to buy new batteries a couple of times but they weren't to bad being the little ones.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bruno of NH

I have a Milwaukee 12 volt grease gun
I already have lots of 12 volt tools
I remember you have a dewalt pole saw , the dewalt is good as well.
They are all built much the same .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

taylorsmissbeehaven

I had a similar experience at the (now under much better ownership) John Deere in my area. I had just flipped a house and planned to buy a tractor. Had been cutting 4 x 8 sheets of Hardi siding all day for an apartment complex and was covered in dust. Told the salesman I wanted to buy a tractor they had on the lot and a box blade. He looked me up and down and told me it would be more than I could afford. Not another word was said. I drove straight to the New Holland dealership and bought the best purchase I have ever made. 
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

WDH

Milwaukee.  

Better than sliced bread. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Walnut Beast

This guy is a big mulcher/ tree service guy that has a few of these Skidsteer Ryan hot saw feller bunchers and he loves them.

https://youtu.be/kGtmpQFTw28

Walnut Beast

If he doesn't save anything he probably is going to pick the piles up with a big excavator and feed into a big horizontal grinder.  Another guy I know will take his 735 TimberPros and cut then  feed right into a 1000hp horizontal grinder of the stuff he doesn't save 

OH logger

I have the pro lynx track cleats. Wow what a difference they make. I only use them in winter. They really bite even on hard packed slick snow where without em you just spin 👎🏿
john

YellowHammer

I'll have to look at them.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

enwinn

A bit different view of JCB Teleskid 3TS-8T lift capabilities:

Testimonial: JCB Teleskid 3TS-8T - YouTube

customsawyer

I demoed one of those JCB track loaders about 5 years ago. I really liked the side entry and the teleboom but it didn't have any more lift capacity than my New Holland with tires. Maybe they have increased that.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Tom K

I believe JCB's largest track loader has a capacity around 3100 lbs. The teleskid is rated around 3700 lbs which I believe is the same as the Deere 333G

YellowHammer

I also looked real hard at them, and talked to a dealer at length.  They have a lot of good things going for them.  However, lift capacity was an issue and the dealer said the rating was there for a reason.  He did say there was a very good warranty on the boom section, and it was "never a problem."

However, I got one snippet of information that changed my mind, and it was from a guy who recovered one from a rollover.  He said it he felt it was very difficult to right because the massive arm on one side made the whole vehicle heavy to that side.  He said as he was trying to roll it back over, it wanted to re roll to the heavy side.  It was this opinion that the single arm made it "unbalanced" and that eliminated it for me, as I wanted to use it on very steep slopes and so not being perfectly balanced would not be my preference.  

This is just conjecture and opinion from the one guy, I have not seen it anywhere else, but it seems to make sense.

I would like to know if JCB's are heavy to one side and if it can be felt by the people who own one?    
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

barbender

Now YH, take it from someone that ran asphalt rollers in a former life- some of the older machines were heavy to one side like that, and you could use it to your advantage. Sometimes you would run the light side oriented one way, so the drums wouldn't leave a mark on that side. You could've had the heavy side of that JBC on the high side on slopes and been sidehilling like nobody's business😁

I got out of more than one pickle in a forwarder swinging a grapple of wood out to the high side, or opposite to the soft side in swamps. Having 1500 plus pounds extended 25' to the side does wonders for balance😊
Too many irons in the fire

YellowHammer

Well, that never occurred to me.  Good tip.
YellowHammerisms:

barbender

Or it may have been that all of that weight off to one side, was so high up that it made you unstable either way🤷‍♂️😊
Too many irons in the fire

customsawyer

Quote from: Tom K on August 25, 2022, 07:01:12 AM
I believe JCB's largest track loader has a capacity around 3100 lbs. The teleskid is rated around 3700 lbs which I believe is the same as the Deere 333G

I don't know about what the JCB is rated for. I have the 333G JD and it will lift twice what the JCB that I demoed would. On another note I think the tipping load for the 333G is 10570 lbs. It won't do that in something like a pallet of lumber. I have a 10,000 pound fork lift that will lift more than the 333G. There is a new one coming out from Case/New Holland that I heard is bigger and stronger. Don't know any details on it though.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

enwinn

Actually, I think I like the Mecalac 6MCR even better.

Mecalac 6MCR lifting 2.5t Concrete Tank - YouTube

He gets a bit tippy but that is impressive for a 5,000 pound load. Freaking expensive though!

enwinn

This comparison of the Mecalac 8MCR to the Hitachi ZAXIS 85 USB "standard" excavator gives a good overview of how these MCRs are a bit different.

Mecalac Skid excavator Vs Standard Excavator - YouTube

enwinn

Oh boy. I'm in love. Somebody give me a boat load of money please.  ;D

The custom log trailer in this demo can be adjusted to carry up to 24' long logs.

Mecalac 8MCR Demo - Royal Cornwall Show 2022 - YouTube

Walnut Beast

Yep! It's easy for people to talk trash when they don't really know much about the machine 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: enwinn on August 26, 2022, 10:37:32 PM
Oh boy. I'm in love. Somebody give me a boat load of money please.  ;D

The custom log trailer in this demo can be adjusted to carry up to 24' long logs.

Mecalac 8MCR Demo - Royal Cornwall Show 2022 - YouTube
Cool log trailer! Thanks for posting the recent video! 

Walnut Beast

Deere is supposed to put a 120hp in the new 335. And Kubota supposedly. Maybe true br>

thecfarm

Me too, I'll take a boat load too!!!!  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!