Peace sells, who's buying?

Acem

Acem

Acem

Acem

Got the head built and set on the track.

It's hot. I've been working in the morning and shutting down around 1pm. My clothes are soaking wet with sweat and I'm not working that hard. 

But what do you expect when it's 100F with humidity...

Thx-Ace 

btulloh

Looking good.  I can almost smell fresh sawdust. 

I'm noticing a little problem with your timbers though. (You probably already noticed it . . ). The timbers are interfering with your backstops going down all the way. Will also interfere with your dogs on a large log. Looks like an easy fix though. (There's always a wrinkle or two to iron out at the beginning.)
HM126

Acem

I noticed that. I can scoot the rails over or something.

Unfortunately I have to tune up an irrigation engine when parts arrive in the morning. It'll probably be noon by the time I get everything done...

Thx-Ace 

Acem

Acem

Acem

Made some sawdust!

It was just a small log to test everything out. A honey locust that blew down in the pasture near the house.

Thx-Ace 

Chad8324

I recently got the same mill.  I ordered two extensions making my total length 23 feet. Longer than the trailer I mounted the thing on 😡   but it works with proper blocking and leveling.  Good luck with your mill.  Mine has been a pleasure to run and a learning experience for sure.   I've mostly cut white oak ad Eastern red cedar.  Did some high line poles for a bridge.   

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Acem

10 ft of track is already getting to me. I'm ready to gather materials and build track.

I've only seen a few types of portable bandsaw mills. Woodmizer, woodland mills, and a few homemade. I'd like more ideas to choose from.

Can you post a pic of your track showing the track, bunks,log holding, etc. 

Thx-Ace 

Thank You Sponsors!