iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Factory service

Started by Bruno of NH, July 31, 2022, 10:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Andy and Pat from Woodmizer Service stopped at the mill this morning and did a full factory service on the Lt40 wide. I'm ready for 1960 more hours of sawing.
They are great Folks and a long way from home . Thank you 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WV Sawmiller

That has been my experience with the WM Service loop team. I learn something new every time. They come with a well stocked parts truck and the parts prices are very competitive. I think its a great program.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

richhiway

Good maintenance save $$$$ in the long run.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Magicman

Very soon after I bought my sawmill (used) I had a factory service done and at that time they installed my LubeMizer plus replaced the bushing where the engine pivots.

In the 20 years since then I have gotten six more "loop" services, all but one of which have been done by Bob.  There is no adjustment that I can not make nor any part that I can not replace, but watching a factory trained and experienced technician going through a step by step service has taught me a lot.  Yes I have busted and bent several different components that were simply convenient for me to wait and get it done during the loop service.

It is a valuable service provided by Wood-Mizer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BandsawBen

Pat and Andy also stopped by my place in Southern maine recently,  and did a great job.I bought my mill used, and had questions they answered them and more. Great guys and great service.

boonesyard

I sure wish I was closer to a woodmizer service loop, would be a great service to get in on.
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

WV Sawmiller

I'd call them and see if they have your state on one of their loops. I checked for 2022 and did not see Minnesota on it this year but wonder if they may be coming your way next year? You just sign up before the deadline and they call you a few days ahead of time and meet you at your home or customer site wherever you tell them you will be.

I always make sure my mill has been washed down and is clean and ready to service. It doesn't make sense to have them come then for them to have to blow or wash the sawdust off before they can actually start.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

boonesyard

I checked on it a couple years ago, and they haven't had service that comes up here. 
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green

kelLOGg

Just curious. What is the hourly cost of this service before parts?
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Crossroads

Did they figure out the wavy cuts while using the debarker?
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Bruno of NH

No they didn't. 
I think it has something to do with the big pine logs 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

That was my initial thought.  The wide log was causing the waves and the fact that you were using the Debarker was simply coincidental. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

According to Bruno it sawed straight without using the debarker.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

smiley_thumbsup  Yes that is what he said.   

Stephen1

I always wish we had a WM service truck here in Canada.
Bruno I never saw your post about sawing large WP and getting wavy cuts. Did you find out why? 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!