iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gloves info needed

Started by joe_indi, January 15, 2023, 03:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_indi

Which gloves are these? Old stock. Are they pigskin leather ones? Part number is not showing up in the parts list

Walnut Beast

Looks like one size fits most

Walnut Beast

No details on gloves and the glove number is not the same. But this catalog is 2023

DHansen

Stihl web page shows goat skin palm and finger tips.  Knitting back.  Good reviews.

lxskllr

From what I can see through the plastic, the leather looks like goat.

joe_indi

Quote from: lxskllr on January 15, 2023, 07:57:12 AM
From what I can see through the plastic, the leather looks like goat.
There used to a model with pigskin

lxskllr

Pigskin has a coarser grain and distinct spots where the hair grew. Goatskin's very smooth, and if you can touch it, buttery soft. It feels like it wouldn't last very long, but it seems to be pretty durable.

joe_indi

I remember the Stihl technican mentioning that the pigskin was from the belly area , something like calf leather, very good at absorbing vibration. But it was imported only very briefly due to religious ethics . I did get some while they were available but cannot recall if these are the ones. Checked with a existing dealer here but his list has no mention of the part number shown. 
I do have some old catalogues need to find them and check. 
Website navigation is similar to travelling through jelly

SwampDonkey

I'd be surprised if the leather type was not posted on the inside label. Takes the guess work out of it. I know any gloves sold here in Canada posts the leather type.

Goatskin gloves are the most durable actually. I've got a pair, at the time bought 3 pair from Uline, and never wore out the first pair yet handling cords of stove wood. The leather is not thin like some cheap gloves, it's pretty stout leather.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Pig skin makes durable gloves .

realzed

Closest I've seen to the ones you show - is Stihl #0000-883-0511 (Dynamic Thermo Vent) gloves..
I have a pair and they are very comfortable - the back of the hand area is slightly different from the ones you have pictures of, but they appear much the same otherwise..

DYNAMIC ThermoVent - Safety gloves - professional without cut protection, goatskin leather, textile back, membrane (stihl.com)

DHansen

I have a pair of the Stihl one size fits most.  Dug them out of my work box and looked them over. Inside the glove is a tag that says L (size) and Made in Pakistan.  They do not look the same as the ones in the Photo Joe posted.  The ones in the photo look to have a protection pad stitched into the rear (back) side of the gloves.  They also look lined.  I think they are Stihl Function Protect MS Glove.

Thank You Sponsors!