iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 660 mystery screw

Started by rasawing, January 21, 2023, 02:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasawing

There is a screw on my MS 660.....I've never been too sure as to what it's function is. (Can't take a picture because my phone isn't working right now.) Basically, it is near where the chain tensioner screw is. In this area there are 5 screws: the 2 studs that chain sprocket cover nuts screw down to, the tensioner screw, the screw that holds down that plate (that has the slot where the bar oil comes out), and then there is one more.....just below the tensioner screw. And I don't have a clue as to what it's for (it has a spring on it as well). Any idea as to what it is? My guess on it has always been: it has something to do with controlling the tensioner.

Buck69

(Never mind after Google search I believe the bar oil adjustment is on the bottom of the saw.)Maybe it is to adjust the amount of bar oil? Just a guess as I don't have a 660.
I know most if not all pro saws are adjustable.

5ubtle

I'll help you out with a picture.

rasawing

@Buck69, no it's not the oil adjustment screw. (That's on the underside of the unit.)

@5ubltle, mine looks a little different, but it's screw #5. Any idea what it does?

Btw, I noticed you are from Spartanburg, S.C. Me too! (I live over in Greenville now.)

5ubtle

Howdy fellow Upstater.

That screw holds down the gear cover plate.

rasawing

esteadle

I guess that that cover plate is needed to keep that little bevel gear from torquing up and out of it's position. Neat.

Thank You Sponsors!