Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on December 08, 2014, 05:53:01 PM
Quote from: red oaks lumber on December 08, 2014, 05:26:03 PM
we must be in the high rent district ;) 87 oct. $2.79
It's all about transportation costs.  The further you are from South Texas the more it cost to transport the fuel so the price is higher. 

Then there is the thing about different amounts of state gasoline taxes.  State Gasoline Taxes
Notice that Mississippi's taxes are 18.4 cents per gallon where Wisconsin's are 32.9.

Got you all beat - good old California with 46.5 cent taxes!  Highest in the nation ::)  Stupid voters keep adding half cents every election to provide some benefit that the politicians promise :-X  Cheapest is $2.65 now (Sacramento area) and holding steady this past week or two.  I think we've seen the bottom.  Big warnings come the first of the year.  Our really stupid carbon sequestration crap to prevent climate change is predicted to add as much as $0.40/gallon.  So long cheap gas!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

jcbrotz

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 09, 2014, 12:14:32 AM
Quote from: Magicman on December 08, 2014, 05:53:01 PM
Quote from: red oaks lumber on December 08, 2014, 05:26:03 PM
we must be in the high rent district ;) 87 oct. $2.79
It's all about transportation costs.  The further you are from South Texas the more it cost to transport the fuel so the price is higher. 

Then there is the thing about different amounts of state gasoline taxes.  State Gasoline Taxes
Notice that Mississippi's taxes are 18.4 cents per gallon where Wisconsin's are 32.9.

Got you all beat - good old California with 46.5 cent taxes!  Highest in the nation ::)  Stupid voters keep adding half cents every election to provide some benefit that the politicians promise :-X  Cheapest is $2.65 now (Sacramento area) and holding steady this past week or two.  I think we've seen the bottom.  Big warnings come the first of the year.  Our really stupid carbon sequestration crap to prevent climate change is predicted to add as much as $0.40/gallon.  So long cheap gas!

Well you figure out why PA is still well above $3 a gallon and we only have 40 some cents tax. Our tax at least goes to fix the worst roads in the nation if we give them another buck or 2 they may actually start on them :D
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: jcbrotz on December 09, 2014, 04:20:40 AM
<<Snip>>

Well you figure out why PA is still well above $3 a gallon and we only have 40 some cents tax. Our tax at least goes to fix the worst roads in the nation if we give them another buck or 2 they may actually start on them :D

Wait a minute, they tell us that California has the worst roads in the nation ::) :D :D  I grew up back east, I know what bad roads are (pot holes that eat tires)!  Out here, if it's a rough ride for a skateboard, its a bad road :D :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

ozarkgem

but diesel is still 3.36. I guess they are sticking it to the truckers
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Mooseherder

A barrel of oil fell to 55.07 today.  That's right at a dollar a gallon before refinery.
We should be seeing the savings soon. :D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Under a buck a liter outside the metro area, the local burghers stick us with a 17 cent tax to support the bloated inefficient public transit. Diesel is still over $1.30 which is an improvement but still hurts.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

87 Octane gas in Russell is now $2.959

Cheaper than in Canton where there are about 10 gas stations.  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

curdog

Got it for $2.15 in Chesnee  (sc ). I don't even pay attention to NC gas prices.

Bill Gaiche

Unleaded $2.19 and Diesel $3.02. bg

IMERC

2.099 - 87 octane... CoSpgs...
that 2.09 from this morning is now 2.03...

Ft Collins.. 1.91...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

bartman

$2.39 here. I'll try and keep an eye on it.

Buckshot00

isawlogs

In Gatineau Qc. it is o.999¢\liter deisel was still 1,259$. We might get a small break yet for Christmas if this keeps going down.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kas

Scott

DaleK

94.9, 88.9 on the Rez. Diesel 112.9
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

fishpharmer

2.05 regular unleaded
2.95 diesel

at Wal Mart in Meridian, MS
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

curdog

I heard it's a $1.79 in Blacksburg sc

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: curdog on December 17, 2014, 10:30:46 PM
I heard it's a $1.79 in Blacksburg sc

They're always running deals over next to 85.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Wife paid $1.92 in Claremore, ok today.

RM Farm

Paid $2.22 for 87 octane and $2.92 diesel in Lexington, SC
Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

Nichols

If Balein' wire and Duck tape ever quit, my whole place is gonna fall apart!

red oaks lumber

its finally starting to drop here $2.59 reg 87 octane
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

goose63

Gas $2.39 diesel $3.59
Happy birth day r o l
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Woodboogah

Paid 2.99 for on road diesel.  Not sure about gasoline, 2.6something.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Thank You Sponsors!