iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

$2.76 here, like tom, I'd like to see it back to .21 gas & .18 diesel. Should someone say "ah those where the days"  ;D.
Ed K

Faron

I am looking at the silver lining in the high gas price cloud.  We're building ethanol and biodiesel plants like crazy here in Indiana.  Looks like it will be a good boost in crop prices.   8) Those plants also produce a good , fairly cheap cattle feed.   And maybe the high natural gas prices will motivate those guys up there in Michigan to get down here and drill these gas wells they got leased down here. I'm pretty sure my farm is about the center of a big field. ;) :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Corley5

Quote from: Mooseherder on September 01, 2006, 08:01:13 PM
If 'n me was president. Hugo Chavez and the Iranian President's planes might get hit by a cruise missile on the way to go visit Castro or the Islamic Fundamentalist reunion. Just to get their attention of course.

You got that right.  Chavez would be on top of my list.  It seems to me the Monroe Doctrine could be applied here somehow  ;)  Gas is hanging around the 2.769 mark around here
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Max sawdust

Quote from: TW on May 29, 2006, 04:18:58 AM
If I recalculate the petrol prize here to American units I also end up above 6$ per gallon. The wages here are significantly lower than in southern Sweden. About 10 euro=13 $ per hour - about 30 % tax for a younger house carpenter.

I worked for a Finnish company for 20 years been there 20+ times.  I would rather pay $6 a gallon and have health insurance and education that you can count on. 

How many Americans have a summer home on the lake?  Quite a few Fins do.  Yes I will admit you live more conservatively than us in the states but you do have good things about your system  Like a tax and penalty system that takes more from the rich than poor. 
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Had to go to Lake Okeechobee today.  They have their own price war going on.
Regular was 2.45.9  at 2 locations, a 3rd had 2.47.9
Ain't no price goring going on in that fine town. ;)

An hour East the cheapest today was 2.71.9

Makes you wonder why Stores an hour closer to the port charge more....hmmmm??
GREED?

Max sawdust

Quote from: beenthere on September 02, 2006, 12:21:03 AM
Max
I'll take our system.
Beenthere,
I was going to just let this go, but since this post came back I will comment on your statement.

I will take our system too.  Our system is "good" but it can be better.  It is how the USA works in my opinion. In my opinion part of a democracy is too demand a higher standard and state opposition freely ;D    It is also also my opinion that big Government and big business are making out real well while the "patriotic" American struggles ;)
I have problems with the current situation  :-X :-X :-X
max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Furby

Unlead in central TN is $2.22.
Saw diesel in KY for $2.59 and it's slowly falling here at home.

SwampDonkey

It's around $1.09 a litre around here, down from $1.19 earlier in the summer. It's always higher in the summer months. We have been regulated since July and if the world price drops 5 C the regulatory body sends notice, otherwise the changes take effect every two weeks on Thursday morning. We still pay more than south central Canada and it's refined here. I know we pay more provincial tax than in Ontario, but they even pay less than places like Thunderbay and the Saulte. Historically, NW New Brunswick pay less than Saint John were it's refined.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom_Averwater

Regular is $2.09 at some stations here. Diesel still $ 2.99 .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

sawguy21

I paid 96.3/litre with the discount card on Sunday. Yippeeee :D To put that in perspective, cost me 68 bucks and change to fill the almost dry Ranger. Earlier in the year it would have lightened my wallet by $80. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Stephen1

I filled up last night for 76.8 per liter.  During the day it will run about 85 per liter but at night  they drop the price. We are in the land of "price wars" or that is what they tell us.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Texas Ranger

Texas, $2.09 to $2.22 most places, higher in some.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

woodbowl

Yall' are making me feel soooo bad!

I just paid 2.68 per gallon here in north Fla. It was the cheapest place in town.  :-\

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Furby

Here at home unleaded is down to $2.29 and diesel is down to $2.81.

solodan

Down to $3.09 for the cheap stuff, and diesel is down to $3.29.

Funny thing is in California, almost half of it's crude is from, well California. ???

45 % comes from Alaska and a very small percentage is imported. And 100% of California's gasoline usage is refined here as well.

They blame our high fuel prices in our state on fuel tax, and though it is the highest in the nation, it is on average maybe a few cents higher, not the $1/gallon more they charge us at the pump.  Whatever goes on in the middle east may affect Chevron(which is based in California) but why should anything outside of California, or Alaska affect the price we pay for Gasoline. I think that this is not about supply and demand, but more about what price Californians can afford or are willing to pay. >:(

Ron Wenrich

I heard it was taxes and additives because of the pollution laws that makes your gasoline higher.

I read that you get about 19 gallons of gas from a barrel of oil.  So, for every $1 differential in barrel price would relate to 5 cents per gallon in gas.  We've had a 60 cent drop in the past 5 weeks which would reflect a $12 drop in oil.  Or is someone playing with the prices?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Fla._Deadheader

Anybody watch the trading prices of Oil on the Commodity Board ??  Folks (Bin Laden) or others, can bid the prices up and sell anytime. Traders are responsible more than anything else, the way I see it ???????
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ron Wenrich

For every contract bought, there is a contract sold.  Its a zero sum game.  Most commodity contracts do not get fulfilled, but are liquidated before expiration.  But, the guys that are selling at those high prices are the big boys.  Follow the money and you will see where the market is going. 

The commodity prices are being bid up by speculators, not the oil companies.  They are the ones selling to the speculators.  They are guaranteed a price for their oil, whether the contract gets fulfilled or not. 

That doesn't mean that traders don't push the market, but they don't have as much influence as you may believe.  I've seen some unexplainable spikes in the market, and it just looked like someone was trying to wipe out investor stops.

If traders can push a market up, why can't other traders bring the market down?  Using your scenario, a fund of consumers could control prices just as readily.

So what effect will lower gas prices have on ethanol and biodiesel development or the fall election? 

Fla._Deadheader

I've watched the trading on some days. Seems that if we KNEW the actual price per barrel, then we could see where the traders go with it ??  Remember the "embargo" of the mid 70's ??? We were just getting started in Arkansas. Had to buy road Diesel and that included taxes. Once the prices started back down, the general consensus was, " No need to look for alternatives. I think this lowering of prices is just a tool, to keep the free thinkers and doers from getting too serious about alternatives. Seems to work every time we face these issues.

I'm looking into promoting straight oil from crushing oil bearing seeds, down here. Got some leads and need to check them out. Costa Rica is SERIOUS about alternatives. They even have a small Wind Farm right off Lake Arenal.  8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Paul_H

Here's a link I found a couple weeks ago about a Manitoba farmer that got in to extracing oil from seed

Bio DieselLink
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Ron Wenrich

That's pretty much my feelings, as well.  People who were screaming for alternative development will now keep quiet until the next oil heist.  Happens every time.

Fla._Deadheader

Good link, Paul.  Anybody ever seen the crushing machine and the process ?? I'm pretty foggy on this subject.  ::) ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Frank_Pender

I was at Costco two days ago in Salem and their regular was at $2.63 a gallon, where in most places it is still nearer the three dollar mark.  Here, diesel is still at $3.18 and a bit less in some places.
Frank Pender

SwampDonkey

Pulled in the station today and mid grade was 0.99/8 per litre in Andover. I had to take a second look because regular was 0.99/7 per hmmm  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!