iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorminN

Gas has been steadily dropping here, diesel was stuck at $3.30 a gallon for a couple of weeks... then this morning on my way to work I saw $2.57 gas, $3.19 diesel.

Warbird, why is it that fuel is expensive up there? Do they think you folks can afford more because of your $3,200 Pemanent Fund Dividend checks? ;) :D No, seriously... how close is your nearest refinery? I've seen it actually be MORE close to the refinery in Anacortes, WA than it was in outlying areas...??

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Warbird

The closest refinery to me is about..  oh...  30 miles away.  Maybe 35.  We have 3 or 4 refineries in Alaska and our own oil fields.  They blatantly control the local markets.

StorminN

Warbird

Warbird

To clarify (and just so you don't think I'm some sort of whacko smiley_dunce )... 
local market prices are controlled by the refineries by manipulating 2 key items; those being, deciding what to refine (ie. not enough gasoline and heating oil), and where to ship to (ie. not the local market).  I am not saying this lightly.  I have watched this for more than 20 years.  My first degree is an Associate of Applied Sciences in Petroleum Science Technology.  I worked in Prudhoe Bay and in natural gas fields.

Our state government has questioned the refinery owners about local prices.  IMO, their answers have been weak and lacking.  They exemplify what is wrong with what the "free market" principal has been turned into today.

So...  that is why fuel is so expensive up here.

SwampDonkey

$0.93/litre here this morning for self serve regular.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

js2743

Ron Wenrich

Just paid $2.28 for regular and noticed that diesel is below $3.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

StorminN

Quote from: Warbird on November 05, 2008, 11:02:22 PMOur state government has questioned the refinery owners about local prices.  IMO, their answers have been weak and lacking.  They exemplify what is wrong with what the "free market" principal has been turned into today.

Warbird, just be glad you "only" have to pay $0.08 per gallon state fuel tax, or your prices would be worse... here in WA state, our state fuel tax is about $0.38 per gallon!  :o

-N.

Toolman

Flying J Carlisle,Pa - Diesel $2.92 gal     Gas $ 2.06 gal. 
Universal -   Diesel  $2.82 ga        Gas $1.96 gall          these prices falling daily past 30 days 8)

Anybody remember what fuel prices were when crude was $62 barrel the last time. I don't remember them being this high then. Are refining costs going to be the next issue with prices?

Also, anyone know much about Universal oil. They have been taking over the Citgos in this area. I googled and found Universal lubricants up in northern Ohio. I don't know if that is the same outfit. I have'nt bought their fuel yet, even though they are cheaper. I was wondering if Hugo Chavez changed the name to throw us off. I don't buy Citgo just for that reason. However, I still see Citgos around yet. So I don't know what the deal is.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

SwampDonkey

Our current base price before delivery and taxes is $0.4868/100 per litre.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JimMoore

$2.35 for regular and  diesel is 3.54

maestro

For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

stonebroke

2.65 this morning and 2.63 this afternoon.n warnerville NY

Stonebroke

zopi

2.24 for premium this morning in Norfolk...I'm back to 11.00 fillups..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Hi-Country Orange

$1.92 in Jane, Mo. @Wal Mart $1.89 with there card 8) 8)

LOGDOG

$1.99 for 87 octane in NW Louisiana today. Paid $2.99 for diesel yesterday. Could hardly believe my eyes.  :o

LOGDOG

sawguy21

Saw $0.99/l on the sign today. Could hardly believe it, that is a long way from $1.52 we were paying this summer. I can live with the current price if the oilfield keeps working, we do not need that shut down.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bill Johnson

We're down to 0.999/litre this morning as well.
Bill

GF

1.89 for 100% gas at Valero and Phillips, Wal-Mart E10 blend 1.85.

GF

parkmark

3.29 / gallon for 87 octane. Just not right    :'(

ohsoloco

$2.45 for regular today.  Rode the motorcycle to work today in a t-shirt  ;D

Jasperfield

Western NC, Haywood Co., in the "Peoples Republic of Waynesville" it's (at the Enmark station) $2.18.

In Salisbury, NC (3 hrs East of me) on 11-05-2008 at the Hess Station it was $2.09.

Toolman

UPDATE:  Flying J Carlisle, Pa.  $2.85 diesel   Gas $1.91  and dropping   11/8/08 diesel dropped .15 in one day! :o :) :)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

okmulch

Went to gun show in Tulsa today and filled up for $1.77 a gallon. 8)
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Thank You Sponsors!