iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck

Hang in there guys, the Donald is gonna fix it!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

LOGDOG

Ole' Donald ...  ;D He's stirring it up for sure. We need to lift the moratorium for drilling in the Gulf ASAP. Did you guys catch that special on CNBC the other night talking about the oil sands in Alberta. The CEO of Shell Oil Canada estimates there is 2 Trillion barrels of oil reserves there. That's 8 times the amount of reserves in Saudi Arabia, who is currently the largest producer and holder of traditional oil reserves. I don't remember my history too well. Why was it we (the USA) didn't take Canada way back in the early days of establishing this country?  ::)

Magicman

Quote from: LOGDOG on April 23, 2011, 09:08:25 AM
Why was it we (the USA) didn't take Canada way back in the early days of establishing this country?  ::)

I think that we wanted our FF friends to have a nice place to live.   :D :D :D

Isn't there also a huge untapped reserve under Western Louisiana/Eastern Texas?  Maybe on the South end?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Quote from: LOGDOG on April 23, 2011, 09:08:25 AM
I don't remember my history too well. Why was it we (the USA) didn't take Canada way back in the early days of establishing this country?  ::)

You tried, but you got your capital burnt down. :D

I almost think the Gulf thing has already been lifted from what the media reports up here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Too  much. $3.89 just for regular. Who ever is making all the profit won't be happy until the working man has no money to buy food with.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pappy

$3.99 in Fort Kent and $4.04 down in Caribou  >:(
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Don_Papenburg

Your news as well as our is reporting part of the story . the ban is lifted but the admin. is not issuing permits
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

SwampDonkey

The west and east coast has had a 30 year ban. But the Obama moratorium was lifted in the Gulf in October. It's just that the bar has been lifted a notch higher.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2010/10/12/deepwater-oil-moratorium-drill.html

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LOGDOG

Is that when the judge lifted it and then the Obama administration went back after it again to shut it down for the second time?

Hey MM ... we would have still let our FF friends live up there.  :) I just want access to the oil, hunting, fishing, timber, etc, etc just without the high prices. ;D

The oil play down in Eastern TX I think you're referring to is the Eagleford Shale. It's good but no where near the size of the Alberta oil sands. The Bakken Shale up in North Dakota and Montana is a pretty big deal as oil goes though. Supposed to be a little less that 5 Billion barrels of oil in that one. I think the U.S. Geological Survey Dept. said that it was the biggest oil reserve they had ever mapped in the lower 48 in U.S. history. There's also a new oil play brewing on the North line of Louisiana and South line of AR over by Pineywoods place. I think they're calling it the Brown Dense. They're leasing and drilling now. Before we know it Pineywoods is going to be driving a new Escalade and rolling on chrome d's.  ;D Maybe not. But it'd be cool if he was sitting on top of it.

mrcaptainbob

Just picked up a $120 and change of gas today. It was at a T&A station on I-94 for $3.88. Here in Jackson it's $3.99. I always take as many empty gas cans as I can when I travel outside of Jackson County. Today I filled the car and four cans. $3.00 saved at one fill up doesn't seem like much, but at the end of the year it adds up. I was not the only one with that idea. All twelve pump lines had a minimum four cars each. Constantly.

pineywoods

Yeah Logdog, I'm sittin right on top of a ridge that runs north to south right through the middle of the brown dense formation. They say it's a deep formation, below 10,000 feet. The leasing guys have already been here. They wanted the 40 where my house and mill sits real bad. We did alright on the lease, but I'm not holding my breath on the drilling. There's been 2 or 3 deep exploratory wells drilled within a few miles of me, but everybody's being real close-mouthed about the results. Probably don't want to drive up the lease prices. There's bunches of gas wells all around me, 5 on the place here. But they are all old shallow wells that are just about played out. In any case, I'm planning on keeping on driving a 93 Toyota pickup and sawin logs with a 95 manual woodmizer.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

timerover51

Regular is $4.05 and Diesel is anywhere from $4.05 to $4.15 a gallon in the northeastern part of Illinois.  Down in Cook County, it is running about 20 cents a gallon higher with all of the added taxes.  Just over the border in Wisconsin, it is about 10 cents a gallon cheaper.  Gentlemen, those of you with welding knowledge and pickups might want to start doing some conversion work to the wood gas powered trucks.

SwampDonkey

We have an over abundance of natural gas and the customers on it right now are paying 15 times the distribution cost of other customers to the south and west. So having all your gas home doesn't drop the price, it sometimes raises it. :D :D

As far as I'm concerned it's illegal to over charge home to subsidize someone elese's costs. What say you? ;)

thecfarm

mrcaptain bob, $3 in my pocket is better than $3 in thier pockets. :D  I do that with off road diesel here. In this area I think there is only one place that has a pump for off road. It's about 20-30ยข cheaper now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

~Ron

bill m

Diesel here today $4.40/gal. Will this ever end? :(
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

LOGDOG

We hit $4.09 on Diesel today on one side of town and the other side was still at $3.94. Valero seems to be the cheapest consistently.

Pineywoods ....

That's awesome news. I knew you had to be real close to the Brown Dense. I'm following the progress of the wells that have been drilled. You want me to keep you in the loop? I hope you used a good exhibit document with your lease. It's all about the details. Congratulations! Somehow I knew you wouldn't be going for the Escalade. I'm still sawing on a 95 Woodmizer too.  ;)

Hey what do you guys think about this Investigative Committee Obama has formed to investigate why oil and gas prices are going up? Uhhhhh ... can you say "devaluing the U.S. Dollar, drilling restrictions in the gulf, ....."? I don't think we need a committee to figure that one out.

Don_Papenburg

Logdog ,you are spot on there. Not to mention the  drilling leases that were pull after Obomba got into office .   Like Forest said  "Stupid is as stupid does"

SwampDonkey

Quote from: LOGDOG on April 24, 2011, 10:51:33 PM
Is that when the judge lifted it and then the Obama administration went back after it again to shut it down for the second time?

Don't think so because there was a news item just 4 days ago about it. The problem is, the bar has been raised a level in order to drill. It ain't status quo. Six permits have been issued according to this report.

http://www.cges.co.uk/resources/articles/2011/04/14/deep-water-drilling-resumes-in-the-gulf-of-mexico

BP has the go ahead to reopen 10 wells for this summer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/apr/03/deepwater-horizon-bp-restarts-gulf-of-mexico-oil-exploration

LOGDOG

SD ...

Six permits have been issued, though the US government has yet to remove completely the drilling moratorium imposed following the Macondo well blowout in April 2010.

.....and it also says in the first paragraph it's being done on a "project by project basis".

Now when you consider that there were 57 rigs drilling in the Gulf of Mexico when the BP well blew out and those were 57 rigs of the 347 total rigs being operated offshore globally, you're talking about pulling 1/6th of the world offshore oil production off the table. Now we're behind the curve with that lost production. Bringing 6 or even 16 of them back online isn't going to bring that curve back into place. We need to be drilling like we were and then some - pronto!

We also need to start edging up our interest rates gradually to show the world that we intend to protect the value of the dollar as the World's reserve currency. Strengthening the dollar would in itself bring oil prices down because that is the instrument by which oil is valued globally. Enough of this QE1 and QE2 bologna that's trying to inflate this economy.

It hit me as ironic last night that there in 2008 we experienced a visual hyperinflation where we literally saw prices on fuel, groceries, and pretty much anything that traveled via truck to the point that it became unsustainable. People just couldn't afford it and the bubble broke. Reflected by housing of course because when you have the choice of filling your gas tank and going to work to buy food so you and your family can eat OR pay your mortgage, well ...they opted not to pay their mortgage. So then we enter a period of severe deflation. Oil goes from $147.00 / barrel to the $30's, Nat Gas goes from $14.00/mcf to the $2.++'s , housing prices come down in areas that were overinflated, food prices come down. Now, after the deflation you could afford to run your household on the budget you may have had set up prior to 2008, if you had a job of course. Then the Fed comes along and decides we're going to bail out this one and that one with our tax dollars, then they're going to do round one of quantitative easing and then round two, all meant to re-inflate the economy. Well it's working, if you call driving prices on oil, gas, food, etc back up "working". How ironic is it that the Fed creates debt to buy debt (Treasuries) to artificially drive interest rates down to encourage people to borrow money that they otherwise wouldn't, so that they can re-inflate this economy back to the point where it's too expensive for those living on a fixed income to live?

QE2 ends June 30th. We'll see if they bring on a 3rd round. Let's hope not. If they do, look for the dollar to become even weaker and oil prices to go even higher. If they don't then we're likely to see interest rates begin to move upwards which would strengthen the dollar and bring commodites down.

All that "Committee" is that Obama is setting up is a dog and pony show for voters so he can say, "Yeah, and when gas prices rose above $4.00 I created this committee..." It's horse poo and a reflection of big government which is the last thing we need right now. It's happening right before our eyes and those who are willing to to see it for what it is will. There will always be those who won't.

Right here is part of the problem: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Lack of drilling is the other part.

jim king

Went by a gas station this morning and the sign said $3.49 a gallon.  The refinery is 3 miles down river.

Don_Papenburg

Not only that but the obomba EPA just stuckit to Shell after 4years and several millions of dollars on leases and permiting working out regulation BS the
epa told them that they forgot to include the icebreakers in the emmisions report . So they pulled their permit for artic offshore drilling. 

LOGDOG

CNG is $1.75/gallon here. I'm considering adding CNG fumagation to my Ford Diesel. I read an article about a guy that did this with his Duramax diesel and is getting 38 mpg. It basically injects CNG in with your diesel and causes it to burn hotter/cleaner. If you're out in the boondocks where there is no CNG to re-fill your tank, you can run on diesel. Your mileage will just be what it was normally without CNG.

One other thing I left out as far as the causes for prices being high is "consumption". The USA is still 5% of the world's population using 25% of the world's oil supply. We drastically need legislation and tax incentives that would encourage the heavy truck traffic to convert to motors that use CNG or LNG. We have hundreds of years of supply right here in the USA and it would put U.S. citizens to work.

Just my two cents this morning.

Mooseherder

Regular gas is 3.859 in Palm Beach County.
News reports yesterday said PBC were the highest in the State
Indian River county to the north of PB 70 miles is 3.749.
Martin and St. lucie counties are between these two.
They are at 3.94 ::)
Looks like there is a lot more leeway in regards to price permissions or county tax systems and faulty reporting going on.
I think they like this crisis myself.

Patty

Yesterday when I drove into a small town the regular gas was priced at $3.66. Two hours later when I passed back through that town, the price had jumped to $3.79. YIKES! Up thirteen cents in two hours, I knew I should've filled up on the way down instead of on the way home.  ::)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!