iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wife has gone mad

Started by Ken, October 25, 2015, 02:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

A couple weeks ago our daughters mentioned that we had accumulated too much stuff.  Told my wife we looked like hoarders.  She's been tossing and giving away stuff ever since.  She seems to not understand that I might need that thingamajig some day.  I'm scared I might be next.  Gotta go here she comes
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Magicman

Sometimes it is difficult for a wife to understand that there is a difference between your valuable stuff and her junk.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

clww

Same issue here: my wife is a hoarder, whereas I am a collector. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 25, 2015, 03:16:46 PM
Sometimes it is difficult for a wife to understand that there is a difference between your valuable stuff and her junk.   ;D

Julie just read your reply.  :D :D :D

She still loves you though.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

steamsawyer

My wife has the idea that "we can't throw that away I'll put it in a yard sale or put on Ebay." I don't have any junk, and I don't consider myself a collector. The way I see it, a collector usually buys and sells or trades to make a profit... I am more an accumulator. I'm just here to make a bigger pile.

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Woodhauler

My problem is I can't remember the price I payed for half the stuff I buy! Some stuff I sell and make a buck and some stuff not!  ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

samandothers

Quote from: clww on October 25, 2015, 06:35:44 PM
Same issue here: my wife is a hoarder, whereas I am a collector. ;)

:D :D

Stuart Caruk

Perhaps your wife is cleaning her nest in preparation for another arrival ;-)
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Howdy

Between my sisters and mother Garage Sales were a constant event at one house or another.  However each would "find" treasures at the other's sale and continually be buying each others junk.  They would then put it up for sale the next time they had a sale for the others to "discover".  Somehow they kept the sales going without accumulating much new stuff but it was amazing to see them never realize what they were doing.

Chuck White

When I was still in the Air Force, if I had stuff that hadn't been used in the past 6 months, it was either tossed or put in a yard sale.

Since I've retired and settled down, not so much!   ;D ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

maple flats

Does that mean you had to buy a new artificial Christmas tree and all the ornaments every year?
Me, if I think I'll find a use for it someday, I save it. However when we moved 3 yrs. ago, after 37 years in the same home, it took 4 (20yd) dumpster loads to get rid of stuff that the "someday" hadn't arrived yet. But worry not we've found lots more in 3 years. My biggest problem is knowing where I put it, then I go buy another, only to find the original a few days later.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

tmarch

Quote from: maple flats on October 26, 2015, 08:56:45 AM
My biggest problem is knowing where I put it, then I go buy another.
Try finding it AFTER your better half cleans the garage or shop. >:(
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

woodmills1

We don't hoard we inherited.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

pigman

Quote from: Chuck White on October 25, 2015, 10:27:40 PM
When I was still in the Air Force, if I had stuff that hadn't been used in the past 6 months, it was either tossed or put in a yard sale.

I do the same except I use 30 years as the deciding factor.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

trapper

Recently found a use for something my fil left when we moved in 20 years ago. Anyone have a use for A jar of 1inch steel balls? ;D  Another treasure he left me.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

justallan1

The way I haul stuff home I've told my girlfriend that we need to have a yardsale and get rid of some of it. All she heard was the get rid of it part and gave away one of my cars :o After the "conversation" that brought on she has never thought about giving away anything again. ;D

beenthere

We have to sign off on the car title here, so that prolly couldn't happen.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Well we have a lot of 'stuff' here to. A lot you get when others pass on. And it does not sell for much either even if $1000's of dollars was paid for it and it's like new. We don't have much of a market in this region now like it was 30+ years ago. Those kinds of stores are all gone. These days all we have is junk stores and dollar stores. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roger2561

My younger brother and I are going through a lot of stuff that belonged to my late dad.  He died nearly 10 years ago but due to the lack of time, we never had time to thoroughly go through everything.  Well, it has been interesting to say the least.  We have found a bag full of receipts for items purchased in '72 to present day.  The stuff that he had stored/stashed in the barn was amazing.  We took a number pickup truck loads of stuff to our transfer station to be recycle.  It's gotten to the point where the attendants know us by name now.  We found one receipt when one of my older sisters spent a couple of weeks in the hospital due to meningitis in the 1950's.  The insurance company paid the entire bill; $250.00.  And that was with 4 days in the ICU.  My brother and I wondered why someone would hang onto everything, never toss anything out.  The only reasonable answer we could come up with is he lived through the great depression in the 30's where no one tossed anything even if it seemed worthless and he kept that mindset with him through his years until he died.  Roger   
Roger

Raider Bill

Quote from: Roger2561 on October 27, 2015, 06:33:26 AM
My younger brother and I are going through a lot of stuff that belonged to my late dad.  He died nearly 10 years ago but due to the lack of time, we never had time to thoroughly go through everything.  Well, it has been interesting to say the least.  We have found a bag full of receipts for items purchased in '72 to present day.  The stuff that he had stored/stashed in the barn was amazing.  We took a number pickup truck loads of stuff to our transfer station to be recycle.  It's gotten to the point where the attendants know us by name now.  We found one receipt when one of my older sisters spent a couple of weeks in the hospital due to meningitis in the 1950's.  The insurance company paid the entire bill; $250.00.  And that was with 4 days in the ICU.  My brother and I wondered why someone would hang onto everything, never toss anything out.  The only reasonable answer we could come up with is he lived through the great depression in the 30's where no one tossed anything even if it seemed worthless and he kept that mindset with him through his years until he died.  Roger   

My Dad was the same way. Boxex and boxes of paperwork. Reciepts for just about anything over .50 Every cancelled check he wrote since 1950.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Grizzly

Quote from: Ken on October 25, 2015, 02:54:01 PM
  I'm scared I might be next.  Gotta go here she comes

:D :D  Yep, I've had that feeling........but then she remembers my paycheque. Well, and the years we've spent knowing each other, and all our children, and all the memories, and well..................... I guess I'll be here a while. But none of my good t-shirts!!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Hilltop366

I keep worn out jeans on hangers in my half of the closet just to hold my spot until I need it  knowing full well that if I remove them I will lose the space. ;D

Magicman

Reminds me of the guy that called home and told his wife to pack her bags because he had won the lottery.  She asked whether to pack for warm or cold weather?  He replied that she should pack everything that she had because he wanted her gone before he got home!   :o  Now that ain't nice at all.   :-\   :snowball:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!