iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TF Guild "Red Book / Green Book"

Started by DangleSnipe267, November 30, 2020, 11:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DangleSnipe267

All, 

I'm new here. I am planning to start my own Timber Frame build in the near future. I have taken some time over the past several months to review a lot of information here on the Forum. I have also purchased and read several book on Timber Framing per many recommendations I found here. I have read "Timber Frame Construction" by Jack Sobon, "A Timber Framers Workshop" by Steve Chappell, and "Timber Framing Fundamentals" by the TFG. However, I was hoping to get my hands on Volume 1 (red) and Volume 2 (green) of "Timber Frame Joinery and Design" by the TFG. These books are mentioned often in threads here and I think it will be very helpful for me. My problem is that it doesn't appear the the TFG sells these books any more. Does any one know where I can get a copy?

Thanks in Advance!

cib

They are out of print. Some members have made scans of pages to help but I'm not sure of anyone that sells them anymore. I wish I did I'd get some extra printed.

dougtrr2

A quick google search turns up a used volume two at thriftbooks.com

Doug in SW IA

DangleSnipe267

Thanks Doug,

Do you happen to know if it makes sense to read Volume 2 before Volume 1 or are they independent of one another?

Ed D

I see abe.com (American Book Exchange) lists a few.

Don P

They are each full of selected articles so are independent of each other, and within themselves, collections of short stories. I've used the red book more if you get just one. @Jim_Rogers I believe said a new updated version is due out soon.

Thank You Sponsors!