iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

High quality photos for tree identifying on-line?

Started by SPIKER, September 14, 2005, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIKER

the leaves are pretty hairy/rough and will stick to bare hands in the finger prints.   I walked up these two that are down and checked many different leaves.   I will try the bark test to see.   there are just about a bit of everything in these woods of mine except chestnuts , buckeyes and ?   

I've got beech, elm,iron wood , multiple oak species and cherry species too.   there are cotton woods dogwoods all varrities of hickory, several types of willows, (weeping willows in the yard as plantings & some very large wild ones along side the creek...   all in all a heck of a lot of diversity.   I've planted green ash, sugar maple (ontop of the red/silver wild ones)  several varities of pine/spruce.  (this place used to be a x-mas tree farm and perhaps one time nursery?   the varities are so wide more so than most places I've seen around these parts. usually one or two dominating species...   not on my place that is why I've been looking for help there seems to be so many DIFFERENT tree types even of same species that I'm attempting to sort em all out.   

also the mushrooms are going crazy this year...  I flashed a few shots today of a stand that have tops the size of 8" pie tin & standing 10" high!   though no marcells :(  I got hundreds of puffball type shrums up to the foot ball size this year even. all solid as heck..   I've planted gingsing (2 seasons now) to no avail seems to not like the hard clay.  though the last few summers it has been pretty dry in the woods due to clearing out some of the under groth of wild roses & scrubs...    this year the storms damaged a lot of the tops of the maples & a few beech.   the last couple weeks I been working on those to clean up & get the trails opened back up.

anyhow thanks and I'll get a chance to change photos sometime soon.

MakrM
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!