iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice Model FEBA Ser.#2204

Started by treay, March 24, 2012, 01:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treay

Members,
I purchased a Prentice Knuckleboom Loader Model FEBA from an old tree service man in my area (for scrap price). The operators seat and controls are stationary and the boom rotates with horizontal rack and pinion type cylinders. It is complete with everything including a rotating log grapple.  It is in almost unbelievable condition considering in was probably built in the 1960's.  No visible cracks or welds from old cracks.  It included two oil tanks (one A frame mount, and one truck frame mount) and an old hydraulic pump that is now obsolete (can't even find it's rating, and no part availability).  I'm looking for some info on the loaders capacity and what size of hydraulic (GPM and PSI) pump I will need to run it.  I am planning on mounting it behind the cab of my 1991 Ford F700, It has a Chelsey Pto already on it.  I will take some pictures and post later.

snowstorm

that is old.i had a...g...back in the 80's. that was 25gpm at 2100psi. on the pto they are rated on present of engine speed. if your truck is gas then maybe 75% if diesel then 100% seems like the last one i had was 118%

thecfarm

treay,welcome to the forum. Have any other woods toys?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treay

Thank you Snowstorm, It is a 429 gas engine.  Once put together I will use it mainly for firewood, I also have a cabin in the works.
Thecfarm: I do have a few other toys, I fabricated my own alaskan sawmill (this past winter) but havent had a chance to use it, there is still 2 or 3 feet of snow in our timber.  My dad and I also have a John Deere 4010 diesel tractor that we set up with a farmi skidding winch and front end loader with a blockbuster wood grapple.  We will soon also have a woodmizer LT15go bandmill.  Thanks for asking.

Woodchuck53

Hey Treay, you may have answered a question for me. The old machine I bought from a cane operation has no stencils or name plate one it. It does have the cylinders with a very large chain and sprocket on the mast for rotation. You can tell the boom has been repaired at the knuckle a long time ago and the cylinders are different colors from the faded red of the A-frame. It would be great if it was an old Prentice model. The picture in my gallery is not a good shot of the old rig. Is there a location on them where a serial number may have been struck into the steel frame? The operators seat and valve bank rotate with the boom. The grapple is not original either. Any ideas out there fellows?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Woodchuck53

Sorry to piggy back onto your post but I was looking for the right place to inquire when I found yours.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

snowstorm

Quote from: Woodchuck53 on March 25, 2012, 05:51:17 AM
Hey Treay, you may have answered a question for me. The old machine I bought from a cane operation has no stencils or name plate one it. It does have the cylinders with a very large chain and sprocket on the mast for rotation. You can tell the boom has been repaired at the knuckle a long time ago and the cylinders are different colors from the faded red of the A-frame. It would be great if it was an old Prentice model. The picture in my gallery is not a good shot of the old rig. Is there a location on them where a serial number may have been struck into the steel frame? The operators seat and valve bank rotate with the boom. The grapple is not original either. Any ideas out there fellows?
i dont think i have ever seen a prentice with the swing chains. there was a loader that was made in maine that used them a tree king

Woodchuck53

Thank you Snowstorm I'll goggle it and see. A different place also said it may be a Hayes. I thought they only made over the top log trucks.

Thank You Sponsors!