iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cart for rolling wood into kiln

Started by tacks Y, April 15, 2019, 09:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

Building my kiln and looking for pictures of a cart to roll into kiln.  Thanks

YellowHammer

If you contact Nyle, they will send some diagrams using their wheels, which are perfect.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

tacks Y

Not sure why I posted here and not drying? Maybe someone can move me?

Tom the Sawyer

Here's my cart.  4' wide, 12' long.  

07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

tacks Y

Thanks Tom. Does it roll straight for you? I am thinking a track?

K-Guy

Hi Tacks
Email me for Nyle's kiln cart plans. We have the wheels if you need them.
skrahn@nyle.com
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Tom the Sawyer

It will have a track to keep it in line, and to baffle from the floor to the bottom of the cart.  It does roll fairly straight, I could only roll it about 30' and it was only a few inches off line.  In use, it will only move 13' forward and back.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!