iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Webcam OWB monitor

Started by hookem75, January 28, 2012, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookem75

Jeff

You need to remember, that's an internal network I.P.  camera, not an internet web cam.  If you were to give out that password, it could easily crash your internet connection.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hookem75

oh yeah, forgot that you need to log in to it.

upsnake

What kind of a camera do you have? How did you do the setup?

Jack72

Hello
I have the IR24 wired bullet cam indoor/outdoor for my owb 100 ft of cord needs electric where it plugs into TV          I tried the wireless didnt work to good because my owb is kinda behind my detach garage sent back and have this one now from amazon works awesome clear no matter what time of day.   60 bucks for everything          Jack           
13 Chevy Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern 25 Ton Splitter

upsnake

Thanks,  Nice setup.

I am kicking myself not running a network cable in my trench. :( Already had the cable just didn't put it in the ground.

My owb is about 100 ish feet from the house. while it is not that big of a deal to have a video feed. I can walk to the basement to see the temp via thermometers on the hx.

But if we go out of town it would sure be nice to be able to log in and see the control panel.  I was looking at something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Internet-Surveillance-Microphone-monitoring/dp/B003LNZ1L6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

(Hope the link is ok, if not plz accept my apologies)

On second thought that looks like an indoor only camera....

hookem75

I have the Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wireless IP Camera, it was my first time setting up something like this.  Wasn't to hard, just had to follow the directions without thinking!   I have a free app on my phone that makes it easy to view the camera whenever I want.   

hookem75

here is the link to the camera.

http://foscam.us/outdoor-cameras/foscam-fi8904w-outdoor-wireless-ip-camera-3.html

the app I have is  "tiny cam Monitor Free"    it is nice to be able to check the temp when I am at work and then call my wife if it needs attention.  I can also see the position of the damper.

mrwood

You know this is too funny. I had originally thought this exact Idea up in
My head on Friday while at work. I thought to myself no way I'm crazy. Then on Sunday I originally saw this post. How ironic. All tho does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only crazy one and seeing this post makes me justify my idea to add a camera that much more. You know it is kind of like that remote temp probe that cb sells for inside your house. It is not something you need for 24/7 operation but would come in handy at certain times to make life a little easier. Now next step is to get a really hight temp one to mount inside of stove so that you can see how much wood is left when your at your buddies house drinking beer and trying to decide if you can stay for another. 6-pack or not!  Oh the wheels are turning

hookem75

We had the same train of thought!  My wife thought I was crazy for putting in the cam but she loves it now!
The cam works awesome and you can check it from any computer or web enabled phone.  It has to be pretty close to be able to see the numbers in daylight.

Thank You Sponsors!