iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizers in for it now !!!!

Started by loggah, February 24, 2014, 08:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

For some reason i didn't have anything to do last night"BORED" and i watched Axe men, the swamp man Shelby Stanger had a friend of his cut a gum log on a woodmizer.  Shelby was impressed and said i got to get me one of these !!!!!! :o :o That guy could break a anvil !!!! ;D ;D if he gets a woodmizer the reps will have to set up a parts store  in his backyard !!!!!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Ga Mtn Man

I saw that episode too and thought the same thing.  The last thing that guy needs is a sawmill!  I was impressed and shocked by how much a sawmill can be neglected and still cut pretty well.  That was a sad looking mill sitting out there in the weeds.

Funny thing about that episode--  I had a friend from here on the forum tell me he saw an episode from a couple of seasons ago that showed Shelby owning a WM??? 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

thecfarm

I have seen that guy perform and he has no idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

:D :D  I think the man has ideas, thing is , I don't think the man can put them in a row,  :-\ And if he did, he would manage to bend it, scrape it, bury it, drown it, name it he can and will do it, nothing is safe in Shelbytown.  Nothin'
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Gadrock

Funny thing is that the LT40 I purchased a short while back may have been the one in that episode. The owner stated that his friend and brother both had dealings with Shelby and not everything was pleasant.

The machine I purchased was a 95 model with 18 HP Onan...only showing 360 hours but I am still "fixin'" on things that should have been "fixed" long ago.

The episode last night brought the program to another new "low"  as far as I am concerned.

David G

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

scully

yeah I can't watch that show I always feel way dumber after......
I bleed orange  .

wills swamp

i saw that episode also, noticed the mill was running without the belt covers.my understanding is that the covers need to be on to
extend belt life and perfomance, and of coarse safety reasons.was surprised they called the mill by make, (said woodmizer) and did not
blackout the lettering.on the newest episode i saw a mill in the background(the new guys)with blackened lettering.
wills swamp custom sawing-2002 wood-mizer lt40/hydraulic/d33,nyle L53 kiln,case 1845sp,massey203/loader/farmi winch,john deere 450c crawler/loader,husqvana saws,logrite tools

Jerry

You fellows are going to have to remember Shelby is selling entertainment not selling lumber. :D :D :D :D
LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

loggah

Regardless what that boy is selling,he aint right in the head !!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POC

I can only watch that show sometimes...the stupid is strong with them ALL.
And that's all I have to say about that,
Patrick

strunk57

If they want to pay me what they are paying him....I'll act as dumb as they want me to.
99 timberking b-20. John deere 450c loader. 79 Chevy c-60 95 GMC 2500, Craftsman tablesaw, Dewalt 735 13" planer, stihl ms-290 Stihl 029, Husqvarna 394xp, dewalt router & table, various sanders/hand tools.

Farmerjw

I don't think there is enough money to make me act that dumb!  Let alone tear up and drive as crazy as he does.  Oh, and jam a Ruger 44 mag in my pants towards my personal equipment like he does. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

redbeard

You couldn't pay me enough to let snakes bit me let alone bit there head off. He is a sack of hammers.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

terry f

Don't degrade those hammers by comparing them to Shelby. I see they added a new crew that looks like the cast of Deliverance.

bandmiller2

Bet he has grits for breakfast. Its a shame a guy like that gives rednecks a bad name. Of course he's just hamming it up for those liberal TV producers if he was like that all the time he wouldn't have lasted beyond puberty. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

LeeB

You would be surprised at how many there are out there that are like that in real life.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

Well, I don't have any idea who this thread is about, but I have decided that I really don't need to know either!

The guy must be a piece of work!  :o   ::) ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

isawlogs

One should never judge by others accounts, one should at least check things out and either agry with or make his own assessment of the issue, at least that is something I always like to do myself.  Just saying.  ;)

Please keep the piliticals out of the threads... it does not help the outcome any. !

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chopperdr47

Shelby puts on quite a show. He's a famous fixture around that part of Louisiana even before the show.

At one time, he had barges where he could recover and mill sunken cypress on the spot. Don't let the show fool you, he's an idiot all the way to the bank. With that said, he could screw up a steel ball with a rubber hammer.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

Peter Drouin

He should have money, He doesn't spend money on clothes. :D :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Delawhere Jack

Axe Men, particularly Shelby and that spastic kid who was recovering sinkers with his dad, are reason #3,271 that I cancelled my cable TeeVee. I encounter enough stupid during the day, I don't need to pay to stare at it on the tube at night. :o

Nomad

Look at it this way.  If that guy looking for "colorful" southern sawyers had found a bite, we'd be looking just as foolish now.

Looking for sawmill operators for TV documentary in Sawmills and Milling
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Kllisk

Glad the crazy EDITED BY ADMIN. KNOCK IT OFF is back on :D WHOOPSY

Thank You Sponsors!