iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

00 Frick Set-up

Started by JELIII, October 28, 2010, 10:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JELIII

I just acquired a 00 Frick mill that I plan to try and set up this winter. The mill was fully restored and has been stored in a barn for the last 10 years. I am wondering if there is any documentation available how it should be set up. I have looked through the posts here and reviewed "Lunstrum's" (spelling?) book but I assume that when you bought one of these mills new it came with some type of information specific to the mill. Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Use the circle sawnill guide.  Basically all the circle mills have the same basic components and the same guidelines for set up.  Staring with a solid foundation. If you don't start with that, you will be continuously fighting to keep your saw in adjustment and sawing properly.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bandmiller2

JEL,keep looking on the internet I've seen plans that give you the dimentions but I can't remember where. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishpharmer

Welcome to FF.  I look forward to hearing about your progress with the circle mill.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bandmiller2

JEL, I just googled frick sawmill plans and first sight "steam and engines of australia"had the plans for a OO frick scroll down and hit  larger.Good luck keep us posted. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

Gday

Welcome to The Forum JELIII  ;) ;D 8) Sounds like you have the makings of a great productive sawmill seeing as it has been reconditioned and stored properly with setup like Jeff said a good circular or any static mill for that matter starts with a well built foundation if you want info and parts you could also try Jerry Albright  at fricksawmills.com His company has all the drawings for Frick mills and they build nice looking mill   ;) ;D And its bloody handy that you can still buy new parts for them so you should be able to keep the old girl going for a long time yet Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris  
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!