iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 041 super mod with decomp installed

Started by buckyboy, April 26, 2024, 09:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckyboy

Hello,

I am new to the forum and just wanted to share some pics of a rebuild that I recently completed. The rebuild was an early 041 av that I converted to a super and installed a decompression valve with success. I have never performed A mod quite like this and could 
not find another example to follow so I just went with it and it turned out great. The 48mm cylinder and piston was purchased on eBay as were most of the saw and I just took my time and rebuilt the saw completely except the oil pump. There is a pic showing a small hole passing into the combustion chamber but not in the spark plug area where the pressure releases until the saw fires. Seems to run as good as my other 041 super and is pulling 150psi. Anyway just wanted to share, thank you for those who maintain this site and for those who share information here!  https://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=11087

mudfarmer

Forgive my ignorance, what is the difference/what is involved in converting to a 'super'? Asking for my 041av

buckyboy

The 041 farmboss or AV is 61cc with a 44mm cylinder and the super is a 48mm cylinder but they both have the same stroke. The super would require a 48mm piston kit with cylinder and some other parts including a larger muffler, a larger intake and heat shield. Other than that they bolt right up to your case except the super cylinder uses long studs instead of bolts as shown in the parts list. thanks for the response

mudfarmer

Sounds good to me! Same carb just tuned? Mine runs fine and will leave it alone but file this in the memory bank for later... These are OEM parts?

Mods are asleep but someone will move this to Chainsaw sub section so don't be alarmed if you can't find the post at first. Thanks for sharing 

buckyboy

Thanks for the response and the heads up. Yes, all oem parts and some tuning on the carb. Sorry
about posting in the wrong section, I will be more observant next time.

Thank You Sponsors!