iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

solar pump for pond

Started by Qweaver, September 16, 2019, 11:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I built my pond on a low flow spring. Natural flow and rain don't keep up in dry periods.  I'd like to add solar water pumping from the adjacent river.  I'd have to lift the water 12'. Anyone done this?  Is there a good kit available? 

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Southside

Is there enough current to run a ram pump instead? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Qweaver

No, very slow flow.  I'm currently using a Honda 1022 generator driving a shallow well pump.  Works well...just too costly.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

nativewolf

Should be no problem there are hundreds of similar setups sold in the west every year, they pull deepwater wells on solar setups to water sheep and cattle ponds/tanks.  Small ones can do 500 gallons a day larger ones much more.  

https://thesolarstore.com/dankoff-solar-slow-pumps-c-53_63_184_191.html

Just one of many options and I just pulled that one to give you a starting point on your own exploration.  The good news is it is a common project.  Good luck!
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!