iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Louisiana and the hurricane

Started by two tired, September 12, 2020, 01:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

two tired

If I can post pictures I will show some of the damage to the timber in the swamp close to where I LIVE. We are very blessed with help from workers and I  people from all over this great country helping. The electric  lines are on the ground everywhere. Am trying to salvage as much of the hardwood as I can for ties. 20 days  without  electricity and counting . Crews from everywhere  helping.  Hopefully  pictures  will  follow.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Magicman

Stay strong my friend and give the family our best.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

I'm couple hundred miles north of too-tired. pretty well recovered from laura. Lots of cleanup around the house, some minor structural damage..BUT, I haven't had time to tour my timber tracts. Out of power for 3 days, internet and phone for 5. X2 on too-tired's comments about help. Two extra utility crews in my area, one from north carolina, another from florida. Got a generator going in time to save 2 freezers of food. Grocery store shelves cleaned out quickly and fuel was not to be had. I'm still sawing logs from the tornado back in april. Two trailer loads from neighbors came in today, so the flood has started.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Hurricane Sally's eye is now predicted to veer East of us ~30 miles which will put us on the "dry"side so the rainfall is predicted to only be 1"-3".  There is still the threat of wind damage and tornadoes.  We will probably see our worst weather Tuesday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

two tired

I hope you all do miss the hurricane. Even  a cat1 is bad news. Stay safe and dry.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

doc henderson

I did not say anything yesterday, but we were on "pre-deployment" yesterday.  got the alert at 4 pm.  by 10pm last night, the State of Ks decided that we could go for the week, but then had to quarantine for 2 weeks when we got back.  We would all be happy to go/come. If things are bad, we may reconsider.  It is a large team that would be pulled from work rotations.  It was a good practice run, as I spent the 6 hours getting ready.  you have to be self sufficient for at least 72 hours (food, water, housing).  and I of course needed medical equipment and medications.  this was a good run through. and I hope we are not needed this go round for the sake of folks in LA.   we were headed to Baton Rouge.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

we were bringing an ambulance with the usual medications, but our pharmacy was getting together stuff we needed not usually on an ambulance, such as OTC meds, rapid sequence intubation meds, antibiotics ect.  

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

The predictor/tracker continues to push the storm further East which is good for me but there will still be a tremendous storm surge on our Mississippi Coast.  Our predicted rainfall is now ~1", and it's still a tomorrow's event.  The storm's eye is now predicted to be ~90 miles East of me before it goes to Atlanta GA.

Heads up WDH, I'm sending her to you.  :o

The great majority of our utility work/recovery crews are still in the Lake Charles, LA, area trying to restore that area after Hurricane Laura.  :-X

GAB

MM:
You wrote - "Heads up WDH, I'm sending her to you.  "
With the current western fires there are some out there who would thank you for a few inches of Sally, 
if you sent it their way.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

The predicted path for Sally has shifted further East and it now appears that it will barely touch the far Eastern corner of Mississippi if at all.  Good news for us but not for Alabama.

Thank You Sponsors!