iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veggie Garden 2021

Started by SwampDonkey, June 05, 2021, 01:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Cukes have been slow for me.   Pumpkins too but I planted them about 10 days later. 
I've pulled a few tomatoes off the vine but nothing ready to eat yet.  Nights are cool here.

newoodguy78

What date do you usually put your pumpkins in? Dang near lost ours due to all the rain , one field is still questionable the other looks really good  8)

Mooseherder

I planted the pumpkins June 18th.

SwampDonkey

Tomatoes have buried the stakes. Lots of green ones, none ripe yet. Another 6 weeks yet before frost. ;)

Almost neck high. :D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

You want to see pumpkins go to the pumpkin festival in Circleville Ohio .You'll see fields full of them. Where in  the world would you sell that many ? pumpkins .Besides that what do you do with pumpkins ? There's only so many pies you can make and most of the commercial stuff they use a variety of squash for that .No pumpkins in a pumpkin pie .That's worse than no Easter bunny . :( :(.

SwampDonkey

red bells

fat-n-sassy red bell (planted 3 weeks ago)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

I'm growing pumpkins for my grandkids.  A teachable moment.

SwampDonkey

Lettuce to no end....

Tango

Boston head

Iceberg head

Al_Smith

I'll show you tall tomatoes .This was about a week ago .Left  to right "goliath" next two big boy ,right is a jungle of cucumbers .The big boys are now even with  the roof ,soon to be on the roof .This is one of two raised beds and it is south facing with a brick wall that acts like a heat sink .The early girls in the other bed are fast turning red also two more big boy plants .

SwampDonkey

Cukes

Cukes and Iceberg

Cuke bed (earlier planting)

First picked this month.

SwampDonkey

I see huge fields of pumpkins every fall left to rot. I suspect the market is saturated pretty much every year. :D  We make squash pie here, from winter squash. A lot of field pumpkin is Halloween stuff, no good for pies, too wet.

SwampDonkey

Beans are a couple weeks behind because of their struggle with earwigs. Have some eventually. :)

21incher

Been enjoying  corn, cukes,  and tomatoes.  I wish my zucchini would die now. Can't eat anymore,  can't find anyone that wants them anymore, been using them for target practice :rifle: . Pulling  the plants tomorrow.  Peppers are turning red and sweet now, time to pick up some  sausages. Looks like the rain will finally stop after  raining  almost  every day in July. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

swampdonkey, what are you doing wearing a long sleeve fannel shirt? 
Besides keeping warm.  ;)
Been on the cool side here too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

@thecfarm Was only 60F here after waking up to 52F this morning. Not going to be too hot today either. Sure a world of difference compared to last summer. I think them mid west fires are blocking my heat source. :D

As a side note, you can see the soil here is full of gravel or pebble stones. :D I found an abandoned black ant hill in under the birch trees and used that to fill in the hole around a butternut tree this spring. That was some nice soil, no gravel in it. Screened by tiny ants. :D

21incher

Picked some eggplant and fried it up with my last zucchini pull_smiley.

Fresh picked squash, corn, and potatoes with a grilled roast

Every day another basket full

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

21incher

I thought you might get a kick out of a cherry cookie I engraved today. Another one on the wood pile eying up the veggies. This weeks hunt. :D

HemlockKing

A1

SwampDonkey

I can send ya some from New Brunswick, I got 5 to spare. :D :D

Nice work on the engraving. Ace smiley_thumbsup

My mouth is watering over that good food, good thing supper is in 25 minutes. How did the ground hog taste?  :D

21incher

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 02, 2021, 03:31:34 PM
I can send ya some from New Brunswick, I got 5 to spare. :D :D

Nice work on the engraving. Ace smiley_thumbsup

My mouth is watering over that good food, good thing supper is in 25 minutes. How did the ground hog taste?  :D

So you're the guilty one sending in replacements  :D . I thought the border was still locked down. Right about  now that groundhog tastes like hawk poop  :o.

Al_Smith

SwampDonkey

Had to freeze some more peppers. Mother made some mustard bean pickles today, she raided a friends garden for the beans the other day. :D

Gotta go down and pick a cuke. ;D

Al_Smith

The early girl tomatoes are fast turning red and the big boys are growing taller and the fruit larger .Those are causing the stakes to bend ,I'll need to guy the off before they break .The cukes have became a jungle of vines . I've got some yellow squash some place if I can find them .

mike_belben

My cukes got the blight hard and fast.. I got 10lbs off it yesterday and likely thats the end of them. Have to find time to pickle them.  

Im thinkin theres 50lbs of butternut almost finished. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!