iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bridge work again at the farm

Started by Magicman, June 17, 2022, 10:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, it it a continuing upkeep job.  We have three bridges and until today only one was crossable.

Marty, Ben, & Luke using the excavator to remove rotten decking.

Pushed two new stringers across.

And dug them in.

With all of the stringers in place it was decking time.

And then dress the approach on each side.  Wow, this was a big change from our past shovels and post hole digging.

We are now able to cross two of our three bridges.  We will be bush hogging tomorrow and clearing trails getting ready for our traditional July 4th trail rides.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

Covered bridge? Posts at each end, beams and a tin hat.

SwampDonkey

If I recall, I think MM loses some of them to flooding/washouts.

Fine job to be rewarded with some great trail riding. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

I hope the toll is not too high :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

Marty has some nice equipment and I like the shirts.
Hope he and your grandsons are busy 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Marty and I cleared fallen trees and bush hogged the 7 miles of trails today.

Several blowdowns.

And firewood trees were removed.

But mostly  it was 'close your eyes' and go.

I was on the Kubota M4900 with the 3008 Bushhog and Marty was on the JD 1530 with a 6' cutter.  

We started early and finished before noon.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!